Royal Caribbean Baltic Shuttles

Hello, first post! First cruise to Europe with DH and DD's(8/10). I have read that several cruise ships offer shuttles to port (for a small fee) in the Baltics. Does anyone know if RCI is one that offers this service? Particularly interested in Helsinki and Stockholm. Thank you!

Hello, first post! First cruise to Europe with DH and DD's(8/10). I have read that several cruise ships offer shuttles to port (for a small fee) in the Baltics. Does anyone know if RCI is one that offers this service? Particularly interested in Helsinki and Stockholm. Thank you!

Helsinki there was a shuttle just as you left the ship. If I remember my cities correct you walked through a covered small shopping area where the shuttles waited and it dropped you off at the end of a park that was a short walk through to get to the market.

If I remember correctly there was lots of construction going on when I did it so not sure if it has since changed.

It probably would have been walkable if not for the construction.

Make sure you have euros as they were locally supplied not actually run by RC. Small change helpful.

Oh and welcome to CC;)

Edited by Spurschick

this was in July 2015

Stockholm.

There was no shuttle bus. A taxi was around $50US The HOHO bus was around $35US. If you walk out and follow the blue line, then turn left at the main road, there is a town bus. Was around $5 return. It was a 15 min walk on perfectly flat ground.

Helsinki

There was a free (?) ship shuttle from the port. It took you up to the main shopping area which was a 10 minute easy walk to the markets and the ferry to Suomenlinna Island.

Both buses took you to areas with places like Starbucks for free wifi.

Have a great time. It's a brilliant trip.

(I have a blog listed below if you want to have a look).

Raina

On Brilliance in June 2014 there were definitely shuttles in Copenhagen and Helsinki. I do not remember the cost for the one in Copenhagen but the one in Helsinki was $10 per person.

In Stockholm we took the Hop On Hop Off boat from right at the pier area that was about $24 per person for the day. It was really convenient and enjoyable.