Specialty Restaurant Discounts

hvsteve1

Coming up to my first Celebrity cruise, I saw a few discussions on specialty restaurant discounts, especially on the first night in Aqua Class. I think I discovered the answers on Silhouette's March 8th Western Caribbean.

On entering our Aqua Class room we found the invitation for 30 percent off and jumped on it. We went to Murano. However, I found that there was never a day when there were not restaurant crew standing at both entrances to the Seaview buffet offering restaurant discounts, usually 30 percent. The hook is they are for very early or late seatings, probably when they are trying to fill tables. The card in our cabin did not give times but, when we called, we were offered 6:30 or 8:30. So the bottom line is you can get discounts any day but not necessarily for a specific restaurant or the time you desire. I did find that, when I started discussing days and restaurants, these folks looked on their tablet and searched days ahead to find out what they had. There was also always someone on deck two approaching people returning from shore excursions. Unless you have a real preference, you may want to do the reservations last minute. One day we were offered Lawn Club at buy-one-get-one-free if it was for that (the second formal) night.

Coming up to my first Celebrity cruise, I saw a few discussions on specialty restaurant discounts, especially on the first night in Aqua Class. I think I discovered the answers on Silhouette's March 8th Western Caribbean.

On entering our Aqua Class room we found the invitation for 30 percent off and jumped on it. We went to Murano. However, I found that there was never a day when there were not restaurant crew standing at both entrances to the Seaview buffet offering restaurant discounts, usually 30 percent. The hook is they are for very early or late seatings, probably when they are trying to fill tables. The card in our cabin did not give times but, when we called, we were offered 6:30 or 8:30. So the bottom line is you can get discounts any day but not necessarily for a specific restaurant or the time you desire. I did find that, when I started discussing days and restaurants, these folks looked on their tablet and searched days ahead to find out what they had. There was also always someone on deck two approaching people returning from shore excursions. Unless you have a real preference, you may want to do the reservations last minute. One day we were offered Lawn Club at buy-one-get-one-free if it was for that (the second formal) night.

As others have said though it is a bit of a lottery dependant on how busy they are on particular cruises, we chose to guarantee our five nights and still got a discount of around 25% booking in advance which works for us.