Conquest w/ kids?! Sunshine or Conquest?

Kverlinger

My husband and I have never taken our kids on a cruise before. Last time we went, they were younger and we didn't want to start taking them on vacations until they were at least 5....anyways...Now, we want to bring them. We are in our late twenties and have a 9 and 6 year old.

I really wanted to find a ship that had the waterworks for them, but Conquest is cheaper than Sunshine and it basically has the same itinerary and the same amount of days. I have to choose between balcony on Conquest with no waterworks, or for the same price, an inside room on Sunshine w/ waterworks. What would you do?

ALSO, can my six year old even ride the slide on conquest? How do you keep your kids entertained?

I would go for the less expensive option and use that cash saved for great excursions.

We are taking our two kids (11yr, 11yr) on the Conquest in a little over a month and do not have any worry they will not be kept entertained and busy.

We were on Sunshine last summer. My kids are 16 and 9. I think they both preferred the larger ships like Conquest (we've sailed on Freedom and Valor). The slides on Sunshine were nice, but if there is any wind at all, they are closed. I can't remember if there was a height requirement. We're heading out on Conquest this summer (8/2 sailing).

just off the conquest with my 11 yr old, we had fun, but there were days when i wished for the waterworks on other boats, as you know any kid can swim /play in the water for hours... the conquest pool is so small and the one slide really sucks...

just off the conquest with my 11 yr old, we had fun, but there were days when i wished for the waterworks on other boats, as you know any kid can swim /play in the water for hours... the conquest pool is so small and the one slide really sucks...

we played bingo, she dabbed, i called bingo... ( in theory)

pool time for hours

went to the all ages comedy show, and the evening shows

watched the on-deck shows, although not really pg rated lol

shore excursions

my daughter loved mike the cruise director, so she was looking for him via the funtimes to see where he was

hasbro game show

breakfast buffet, as well as lunch buffet easier to let the kids pick what they want

we played mini golf

watched the all ages karaoke

my daughter loved the formal days, a chance to get dressed up, and thats the days we did the pictures, and the dinning room for dinner ( they have a kids menu also)

bring more money then you have budgeted...lol

What made the water slide suck? The fact it is the only one? Or something about the slide itself?

I also wanted to ask if you did the Dr. Seuss breakfast?

Edited by RCmommy

What made the water slide suck? The fact it is the only one? Or something about the slide itself?

both, only the one slide, was busy some times, and i tried it, and came to a grinding stop 1/4 way down ( im 190lbs) , and had to basically push myself along with my arms, lots of kids had to push themselves along...( not being a slide expert, it either needed more water, or steeper slope)

both, only the one slide, was busy some times, and i tried it, and came to a grinding stop 1/4 way down ( im 190lbs) , and had to basically push myself along with my arms, lots of kids had to push themselves along...( not being a slide expert, it either needed more water, or steeper slope)

Oh man, that stinks! On the Gem the one slide had the exact same problem. All the kids got stuck coming down. The smaller ones just stood up and walked down. After a couple goes my kids both just said 'forget it'

Do they have the Hasbro game show on Conquest?. Is it any fun?

yes, it was fun to watch... remember they only pick 10 people to play, so good luck, and the prize is a package of hasbro games, not a cruise like the videos show...

Not sure what all your kids enjoy but the Sunshine also has sports square that has the sky course. My daughter who is 9 loves ropes courses so we chose the sunshine for our next cruise instead of the fascination. Well and for Guy's Burgers :D Also for you the sunshine has the Serenity deck that conquest does not. I know people mention the crowding issue on Sunshine but the reviews didn't stop me from trying it out.