Suites ~ IOTS

Hello,

I am considering a 14 night cruise on IOTS sailing from Southampton in Aug 2016.

I have only travelled on IOTS once before for 4 nights in a D1 grade stateroom (on the hump) & would like to experience a suite.

Can anyone recommend which suite(s) are good (can't stretch to the top one unless I win the lottery :D) & if any particular grade / location is better i.e. aft as opposed to mid ship? I like the sun so as this is a med cruise I would (hopefully) prefer a suite with large(ish) balcony.

Also, can anyone tell me what 'perks' you get with a suite with RCI? I did notice some areas reserved for suite passengers on IOTS when we were on her in October.

Many thanks in anticipation.

Joan

WE had a bad experience in an OS on the indy. Our stateroom attendant was terrible. We were only given shampoo, conditioner soap after the first day when we gave him money. Half the lights in the stateroom were burnt out. The curtain that separates the bed from the living room was broken. We asked the Stateroom attendant to call maintenance to get these issues fixed but he wouldn't do it. We had to do it to get everything fixed. Our stateroom was dirty the whole cruise. We had to consistently ask for ice for our bottles of wine. We were never told about the private beach in Labadee and didn't get the free pressing on formal night. I hope these issues have been resolved. You should get all the suite perks so make sure you get them. I had just had surgery right before this cruise and was in

no shape to spend my time complaining of all these issues. However, if I were on the Indy right now and could complain, I would do it. Good luck!