Cd schedule for 2015

tkotis

@Navarrecruiser

Who do you show for June 23rd on the Legend Alaska sailing? I've read JH will be the CD but have read recently he won't be on until later in the season. Either way I'll enjoy my cruise but I would like to see what all the fuss is about with him as a CD. Is it that he's really that good at being a CD or do people think he's the best because he has an online following and they think they're cruising with a celebrity of some sort because they read his posts a few months leading up to their cruise.

@Navarrecruiser

Who do you show for June 23rd on the Legend Alaska sailing? I've read JH will be the CD but have read recently he won't be on until later in the season. Either way I'll enjoy my cruise but I would like to see what all the fuss is about with him as a CD. Is it that he's really that good at being a CD or do people think he's the best because he has an online following and they think they're cruising with a celebrity of some sort because they read his posts a few months leading up to their cruise.

Schedule shows Eli Sharplin until 7/28, then John takes over until 9/8.

@Navarrecruiser

Schedule shows Eli Sharplin until 7/28, then John takes over until 9/8.

We have never sailed with John as our CD and was hoping to once, on Legend to Alaska in July. I guess this time won't be it either.

Eli was our CD on Legend's Panama Canal cruise in August 2104. He was excellent!

We have never sailed with John as our CD and was hoping to once, on Legend to Alaska in July. I guess this time won't be it either.

Eli was our CD on Legend's Panama Canal cruise in August 2104. He was excellent!

I had emailed John Heald at his blog before asking here and the response I got was from a "beard" who said that John will be the CD for the Alaskan sailings starting in June so it appears that we will be sailing with him on our sailings. That could change or could be old/wrong information, but as of now that is who "the beards" have scheduled to be on The Legend for Alaskan sailings starting in June.

@Navarrecruiser

We never cruise with who is the CD. We have cruised several times with JH and he is no better than any of the others in fact he was no where to be seen during the day other than a few shows. He is too busy writing to all his fans on the computer. Some of them cruise only with him can't understand it just a following. The best one was Steve ? who was on the Paradise and played fiddle. He was available and so entertaining. To each his own I guess.

We never cruise with who is the CD. We have cruised several times with JH and he is no better than any of the others in fact he was no where to be seen during the day other than a few shows. He is too busy writing to all his fans on the computer. Some of them cruise only with him can't understand it just a following. The best one was Steve ? who was on the Paradise and played fiddle. He was available and so entertaining. To each his own I guess.

I agree 100% about not cruising based on the CD. I only checked as I have friends who want to sail with him and were waiting to book the cruise I'm on until they found out if he was CD or not. I recently had George Roberts on The Pride and he was present all over the ship willing to engage in conversation with any guest as long as he had the time. Im still not sure the allure of JH as CD. It really amazes me how people speak of him like some kind of god because he posts funny questions he was asked online, says witty things about people that he should have said in person but didn't have the nerve to, and posts pictures of food, ships and ports. Good for Carnival though giving the guy the chance to create buzz for himself and them. Its all great job security for him until that one day he crosses the line and has to resign in shame for bashing the wrong person at the wrong time

Funny how you bash him about not saying things to people in person like he should have but instead does it online.

Pot....meet kettle.

The difference is though that I would say that to him whether it be online, in person, over the phone, or whatever other form of communication is available if I had the chance. My point was he openly bashes people that he did have a face to face encounter with during the day and spews out a bunch of after thoughts like I should have said this, if I only had thought of this and he always conveniently ends with next time. So if in fact I do cruise with him and I happen to get chance to meet him my encounter surely wont end with a woulda coulda shoulda moment. By no means would I be confrontational, but if the conversation led to his blog Id love to share my thoughts on it. Also by no means what I said was a bash in anyway. I clearly stated how I'm amazed people find him so intriguing when his writing is so predictable and the same formula over and over. So I stopped reading unless I saw someone had shared one of his posts. I don't know what bashing means to you but it usually doesn't end in praise and giving credit for a good idea Carnival and JH have executed to create a buzz for there product. Nice try to be clever and try to get me with a got ya hypocrite moment. Too bad it failed.