Post your best cruise picture

Henrik_Keller

pierces, you are really something with your picts!:) I jump in here, just to look and see what you've posted next!

Beautiful Photography!

Thank you!

I have noticed that I am not alone in posting some really nice stuff!

This has got to be the friendliest and most entertaining forum on these boards!

Dave

Desert at Special Captains dinner,, Yummy:D

Texaspepper we sailded the Voyager from Galveston this past Feb... She is still beautiful..

What date in Feb 09? We were on VOTS Feb 1, 09. We also did the Nov 28, 2008 i5 Day T/A Barcelona to Galveston and

It was just amazing how many of the staff greeted us by name when we came aboard. They remembered us. We saw so many staff . .our past waiter Fati (he manages the Cafe Promanade in the early mornings) and others. Great time.

Thank you!

I have noticed that I am not alone in posting some really nice stuff!

This has got to be the friendliest and most entertaining forum on these boards!

Dave

Agree Dave. . .it all these Texas Folks Ya'all. . .:) Hey Dave, I moved to Texas from San Diego in 94. .grew up in Huntington Beach, CA

What date in Feb 09? We were on VOTS Feb 1, 09. We also did the Nov 28, 2008 i5 Day T/A Barcelona to Galveston and

It was just amazing how many of the staff greeted us by name when we came aboard. They remembered us. We saw so many staff . .our past waiter Fati (he manages the Cafe Promanade in the early mornings) and others. Great time.

We were aboard the VOS for the Feb. 22nd. sailing along with some friends.. We had a super time..

When the Monarch of the Seas was in San Pedro we went often and knew many of the crew members.. It's always nice to be remembered.

My daughter lives in New Braunfels, Texas so we get out there at least twice a year and sometimes like to add a cruise with our visits...:D:p

. .it all these Texas Folks Ya'all. . .:)

I agree, Texans make everything more fun! When my son was on his honeymoon cruise, he said something in one of the shows which got him noticed all week around the ship. They will be with you on the Fantasy, please come back and tell me if he misbehaves...lol. He is easy to spot, he will be the crazy one! ;)

I agree, Texans make everything more fun! When my son was on his honeymoon cruise, he said something in one of the shows which got him noticed all week around the ship. They will be with you on the Fantasy, please come back and tell me if he misbehaves...lol. He is easy to spot, he will be the crazy one! ;)

Agree! Got to love the Texans. I married one and live in Texas.

We were aboard the VOS for the Feb. 22nd. sailing along with some friends.. We had a super time..

When the Monarch of the Seas was in San Pedro we went often and knew many of the crew members.. It's always nice to be remembered.

My daughter lives in New Braunfels, Texas so we get out there at least twice a year and sometimes like to add a cruise with our visits...:D:p

Gotta love these Texans!:) I married one;)

• 1 month later...
What I like about transatlantic cruises is all the days at sea. We have taken two, Both East bound.. Once on the Jewel of the Seas and the other last April on the Navigator. The Navigator broke down in the middle of the Tagus River at Lisbon causing us to miss two ports. :( Not many happy campers on that cruise.

Agree with you. I loved the 6 days at sea from Canary Islands to Nassau. Best part of the T/A from Barcelona to Galveston.

rcl_vos_065.JPG

rcl_vos_238.JPG

rcl_vos_159.JPG

rcl_madera_025.JPG

rcl_vos_044.JPG

Fond memories of The Voyager Of The Seas

Edited by Texaspepper

Those are some great pics Texaspepper. We'll be going on the Voyager in a few months. Do you have any more of the interior of the ship?

Bryan

Bryan, thanks for the compliment. You can go to my website and there are a lot of inside photos of VOTS. www.texaspepper.net and click on cruises. Let me know if you want to see more. BTW there are several of Carnival Conquest and Fantasy in the slide shows.

Bryan, thanks for the compliment. You can go to my website and there are a lot of inside photos of VOTS. www.texaspepper.net and click on cruises. Let me know if you want to see more. BTW there are several of Carnival Conquest and Fantasy in the slide shows.

Thanks for those great VOTS pictures Texaspepper. If I may ask, what model camera did you use? I used to have an Olympus P&S that took sub-average pictures. My DSLR takes great pics, but it's too large to carry all around the ports. Thanks again for the photos.

Bryan

Thanks for those great VOTS pictures Texaspepper. If I may ask, what model camera did you use? I used to have an Olympus P&S that took sub-average pictures. My DSLR takes great pics, but it's too large to carry all around the ports. Thanks again for the photos.

Bryan

Bryan, I use a Sony Digital Cyber-shot 7.2 mega pixels 3x zoom. Nothing fancy. I would like to have a Nikon digital D3 or D4. Takes great photos.

When may I ask are you sailing the Voyager Of the Seas? It is an impressive ship.

Bryan, I use a Sony Digital Cyber-shot 7.2 mega pixels 3x zoom. Nothing fancy. I would like to have a Nikon digital D3 or D4. Takes great photos.

When may I ask are you sailing the Voyager Of the Seas? It is an impressive ship.

My DSLR is a Nikon D40 and I love it. Many of the pictures on the Carnival Victory link in my signature were taken with a Nikon Coolpix S550 Point & Shoot and the rest with the D40. The Coolpix took good pictures, but unfortunately the LCD screen shattered, so I'm looking for a replacement P&S camera.

We are booked on Voyager on April 4, 2010 out of Galveston and I can't wait!

• 1 month later...

Dear Aggie,

The shock and awe of a sunset and/or sunrise depends on the following:

1) Relative position of the sun to the camera...behind, front, low, very low...etc

2) The quality of the gear ... wideangle, large f stop f(f2.8), pixels, filter, etc with cheap gear you can lose almost all the effect

3) The dramatics of weather ... best is storm clouds (coming or going) bright sun peaking through horizon... if you got that (sunrise or sunset) its will be shock and awe ... especially with a great sea/land scape and a wide andle lens (at least 110 degee angle)

Regards,

PS: I will be thinking of you 11/26/2009 --- Hook-em horns!!:D

• 4 weeks later...