Ship time question

beckymomof2

We will be on Carnival Freedom stopping in Cozumel on 5/21/15 (ship times 8 AM to 4 PM?

I'm trying to figure out if I could make a dolphin swim at 10 AM.

Not sure what you are asking, will you be able to make it to the excursion, or will you be able to make it back to the ship if you go on the excursion..

Cozumel is in the Eastern Time zone, and Galveston (ship time) is in the Central time zone. Cozumel does not observe DST, so if it is 8 AM CDT ship time when you get to port, it will be 8:00 AM EST in Cozumel.

Not sure what you are asking, will you be able to make it to the excursion, or will you be able to make it back to the ship if you go on the excursion..

Cozumel is in the Eastern Time zone, and Galveston (ship time) is in the Central time zone. Cozumel does not observe DST, so if it is 8 AM CDT ship time when you get to port, it will be 8:00 AM EST in Cozumel.

Does the ship stay on Galveston time the entire time? Past cruises I have been on they change an hour one way or the other a couple times.

Does the ship stay on Galveston time the entire time? Past cruises I have been on they change an hour one way or the other a couple times.

I have only sailed from the East coast, and my sailings have never changed ship time. They have all stayed the same as port time, and that included when going into Belize which is on CST with no DST....

Just curious, where are you doing the Dolphin Swim? We just got back from Cozumel on the Carnival Victory, we went to Dolphinaris. Cozumel was actually 2 hours behind EST, it was confusing as hell because I was expecting it to be only an hour difference. We got to Dolphinaris about 3 hours before our scheduled time and they accommodated us. If you have any questions about it let me know. We booked on our own and saved a ton of money off the Carnival excursion price.

Edited by fshstck

Just curious, where are you doing the Dolphin Swim? We just got back from Cozumel on the Carnival Victory, we went to Dolphinaris. Cozumel was actually 2 hours behind EST, it was confusing as hell because I was expecting it to be only an hour difference. We got to Dolphinaris about 3 hours before our scheduled time and they accommodated us. If you have any questions about it let me know. We booked on our own and saved a ton of money off the Carnival excursion price.

It's at Chankanaab Park, so a different place than you went. We went in the past and really liked it.

You always stay on ship time. :)

I know you always stay on ship time, but I'm trying to figure out what time it will be in Cozumel compared to ship time, so we can make our dolphin excursion. I'd like to book it at a time that will work. :confused:

Strange, Cozumel is on Eastern Standard time zone but does not do daylight savings.

Edited by welldone60

Since it is now after daylight savings, I thought I would check, too, because I have the same question as you!

I just googled what time is it in Cozumel at it said 9:06 pm and then I googled what time is it in Galveston, TX and it said 10:06 pm

So my best guess is that ship time is 1 hour ahead of local Cozumel time, they are both on CST

I've found this website to be really helpful for converting time zones:

http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

I like it because you can put in your specific day and time, which is always helpful this time of year when you're not sure who's on DST and when they start. If you make one of the locations your ship's home port time, then you make the other time your ports, you can see if they change. We use a clip-on clock set to ship time while in ports, but it's still helpful to know the local time if you're getting taxis and such.

(Oh, and in case that link gets messed up, you can just google "time zone converter" and it's the first result).

Edited by violetsmile

Since it is now after daylight savings, I thought I would check, too, because I have the same question as you!

I just googled what time is it in Cozumel at it said 9:06 pm and then I googled what time is it in Galveston, TX and it said 10:06 pm

So my best guess is that ship time is 1 hour ahead of local Cozumel time, they are both on CST

Strange, according to this website the time in Cozumel is the same as Galveston, TX. http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/mexico/cozumel

The time change for Cozumel to EST, is only recent.

I don't get it, since to me they are central, but whatever works for them.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I agree. Why are they are on EST when they are all the way in Mexico. LOL

Also, for those of you who are confused about the time difference and change:

Here on the East Coast we are Eastern Daylight Time right now (EDT), when fall comes we will go back to Eastern Standard Time (EST) and be on the same time as Cozumel. Cozumel doesn't observed Daylight Savings time anymore starting this year, so they remained on EST. Hope that makes some sense.

Edited by cupcake8503