Using Priceline express to find a Long beach hotel

richfei

Hi

I'll be taking a cruise (2 adults and 2 kids) to the Mexican Riviera on Carnival Miracle on Sat Aug 1 out of Long Beach. We're going to drive down from the Bay area, the night before and stay close by. The cruise was purchased through Priceline and it came with a $150 hotel coupon that I can only use via Priceline express and not the regular priceline.

Based on what I've read, I won't know the hotel in advance and only the price. I hear it's best to avoid the cheap hotels in Long Beach, so I'm unsure as to what to do, from a search point of view. Just go for something over 150 at Long Beach and hope to end up at a bigger chain/recommended hotel ?

I saw BruinSteve's very useful post on here and perhaps I can try for those 4 hotels he suggested based on price alone

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2152784

Ideally I wanted a park and fly hotel, where I can leave my car safely for a week. But I don't think I can specify a park and fly hotel, and I don't know if these hotels offer that or offer discounts for parking at the terminal (which I believe is $17 a day)

Also we'll probably get in around 6pm on a Friday, so we probably won't be doing any sightseeing, and just getting some food and taking it easy

Thanks for any help or thoughts