Seuss at sea

bluejay555

You can check my Freedom Review for what you are asking about. It's from my perspective as a 72 year old young at heart retired elementary teacher. I LOVED it. My friends and I went and didn't have a child with us at all. It was fun! You'll love it. The red and white parfait is cute but SWEET, way too SWEET.

Enjoy.

Umm...I was too excited! I am a teacher and thought this was going to be awesome. We have two boys who are the perfect age. I think all of my anticipation ruined it. The staff didn't seem to really enjoy it much. They just humored the kids and parents. I think if I didn't know about before hand, then found out while on the cruise, I would have thought, oh, this is cool.

Thanks everyone!

Delta dear, I loved your review, thanks! MarcelLucSel, thanks for the pics. Looks like a fun time. I'm an elementary teacher too and my mom was an elementary school librarian, so of course we're excited about this! Oh yeah, and I guess my kids might like it too ;)

We did a total Seuss buy-in with our granddaughter and loved it.

I got her a Seuss dress off Etsy and made Thing 1 and Thing 2 wigs for my husband and myself (we also had Thing 1 and Thing 2 t-shirts) for the Seuss brunch. I felt we were a tad rushed through brunch, though.

The Seuss parade and story time were fun, too.

Our travel journal was made from a re-purposed "Green Eggs and Ham" book - thank you, Pinterest.

Awesome! I had planned on making us all Seuss shirts to wear :) What's a Seuss buy-in? I have to admit, I was a little put off when I saw the breakfast was $5 pp. We will pay it of course, no biggie, but they sure nickel and dime you!!

Awesome! I had planned on making us all Seuss shirts to wear :) What's a Seuss buy-in? I have to admit, I was a little put off when I saw the breakfast was $5 pp. We will pay it of course, no biggie, but they sure nickel and dime you!!

Buy-in = we completely "bought-in" to the Seuss theme. I can't even remember all the Seuss stuff we did on our own in preparation for the cruise. We named the cruise The Seuss Cruise, brought a Seuss board game to play, had her parents read and record Seuss books (on an app) to listen to during the cruise, ordered the cabin decorations from the gift shop.

The brunch was fun and worth the $5, though I hear ya about the nickle and diming.

Edited by CanadianDee

Thanks everyone!

Delta dear, I loved your review, thanks! MarcelLucSel, thanks for the pics. Looks like a fun time. I'm an elementary teacher too and my mom was an elementary school librarian, so of course we're excited about this! Oh yeah, and I guess my kids might like it too ;)

Elementary teachers and librarians never grow up, do we? You will have a ball, I'm sure. Glad you enjoyed my review. I hope you will do one when you come back, too.

We just did this last week on the Magic, it was so much fun! My son loved meeting the characters and getting his picture and "autograph" (stamp) from each one. It was Thing 1 and 2, Cat in the Hat and Sam I am. The green eggs and ham while cool to look at, not sure if I could eat it. My favorite looking was the red and white stacked pancakes (made to look like the Cat's hat). The biggest hit taste wise at our table was the fruit loop coated French toast. Really fun, we would definitely do it again.