UK Reviews of the Week by twinturbomike, david5812 & Magickpyggie!

Admin

Every Thursday, we'll randomly select three cruise reviews to feature here! Plus, we'll send each member a Cruise Critic logo item. We hope they enjoy it!

Thomson Dream WELL DONE THOMSON - WE HAD A GREAT TIME by twinturbomike

The Thomson Dream cruise has taken some stick recently so let's try and balance things up a bit. In order that readers can appreciate our comments, they are written on the basis that we were first-time cruisers travelling with a couple who had cruised on newer / larger ships before, the weather was fantastic for the whole two weeks, we did the Mexican Medley and Pride of Panama, we could not dock in Falmouth, Jamaica due to the tides etc (which was completely true as we were awake and watching) and we were given plenty of notice of an itinerary change from San Blas to Santa Marta in Columbia. The comments are based on the thoughts of the four of us, not just the novices! Continue reading... WELL DONE THOMSON - WE HAD A GREAT TIME

Marco Polo Northern Lights Cruise by david5812

Well, we did see the Northern lights which was a bonus. The ship is 50 years old this year, but it does not really show its age. The cruise was lovely, food excellent and we had a cabin on deck 2 that was very quiet. The cleanliness of the ship is outstanding, although I got a bit fed up with having my hands sanitised every time I went to the restaurant. Ship's entertainment was excellent with a good show band and dancers. The costumes were gorgeous. The water is eminently drinkable from taps and freely available everywhere, so don't spend an outrageous £2.20 for 70 cl of water. Bar prices seemed OK, but I am not a drinker so cannot be sure. The £5 a day per person gratuity was not my scene so I opted out of it very simply. Continue reading... Northern Lights Cruise

Norwegian Jade The amazing Jade never ceases to amaze by Magickpyggie

So where exactly to begin, we booked the cruise at the last minute, and to get all the benefits we had to book it through the US, as we couldn’t get the UDP and the UBP and the OBC and the Suite we wanted through the UK office. We travelled to Rome with British Airways and were very disappointed to learn that they had remodelled the aircraft and effectively all seats were economy, whatever you had booked and paid for. Having lost my walking stick in Rome Airport, and had a comfortable night at the Hilton Garden Inn, we made our way to the ship via ESA Transfers and were soon meeting old friends and discovered our Butler would be Roshan who we had travelled with before. Continue reading... The amazing Jade never ceases to amaze

Why not share your own cruise stories by writing and submitting your review! Your could be featured, and *you* could be wearing some logo stuff on your next cruise!

Write a Cruise Review

Edited by Admin