Have you had success using IMESSAGE?

Herby

I plan on buying an internet package for email and sending text messages via IMessage. Just wondering if IMessage worked out well as I read someone say it didn't. But Im not sure why it wouldn't if you are on wifi.

TIA,

Herb

My family uses iPads, iPhones and iPods. We had no issues using iMessage between all the devices all week on Oasis. I bought the two devices unlimited plan. Best $ spent. I also iMessage friends at home, and it was nice to be able to stay in touch with them so easily.

Edited by shoppgirl

I plan on buying an internet package for email and sending text messages via IMessage. Just wondering if IMessage worked out well as I read someone say it didn't. But Im not sure why it wouldn't if you are on wifi.

TIA,

Herb

My best friend is on the Oasis right now and we face timed this afternoon - worked like a charm :D

iMessage uses data, I just switch to regular text messaging. Your texts will still go thru without using unnecessary data

If you're doing the unlimited internet package, you'd WANT to use iMessage rather than regular text. On Verizon, for instance, it's $0.50 per outgoing text; iMessage would just use the data you're already paying for.

If you have unlimited internet, no problem.

If you get the per minute internet, it will only send and receive messages while connected.

If we are on per minute plans, we leave our cell phones turned on. Getting a few messages or texts is no big deal, financially. If we had a teen-ager, they could easily break the bank in an hour. OUCH!

One of the things I like most about Royal Caribbean is their unlimited internet package.

In November I was sailing with a friend and use iMessage to keep in regular contact with my boyfriend during the cruise. It was fantastic! iMessage uses data, so as long as you have an unlimited internet package it's perfect.

I even managed the odd FaceTime video call, though only when routed through a VPN and only at off-peak times, so I assume they must block this typically.

I doubt Face Time worked in airplane mode. However it worked perfect as did IMessage last week on Oasis.

I don't doubt it at all. I used FaceTime and FaceTime Audio on the cruises several times and it always works like a charm in airplane mode with WiFi turned on.

Hi, we are going on our first cruise soon. We would have to purchase some sort of internet package from RCCL in order to connect to Wi-fi on the ship, yes? In order for us to use FaceTime in this way? Or is wi-fi just available throughout the ship without an additional purchase. Thank you.

Hi, we are going on our first cruise soon. We would have to purchase some sort of internet package from RCCL in order to connect to Wi-fi on the ship, yes? In order for us to use FaceTime in this way? Or is wi-fi just available throughout the ship without an additional purchase. Thank you.

The Internet access is an additional charge.