Please help me understand what promo I have

TAYLORCPA

I am booked on the 11/20/16 sailing on the Dawn. I booked during the last promo with UDP for all, UBP for 2 adults, soda package for 3, and $200 OBC.

When I log into myncl.com, the following amenities are listed:

Adult beverage package

Dining package

Free $100 OBC non-refundable

Under Pre-Pay Service Charges, it says I have paid $420 (which I haven't)

At the top, it says I have $200 on board spending money

My rate code on my invoice says CHOODBK and is the same invoice number as what is showing on ncl.com

So, how much OBC do I have?

Were my service charges possibly paid by my TA when I called to ask about changing to the new promo?

Do the other 3 people in my cabin have the soda package?

Please don't tell me to call my TA because I honestly think he's clueless, but if he paid my service charges, he's wonderful!!!

Sorry, but I'm going to tell you to call your TA. Don't worry, your TA should be able to handle this request.

Ask him to send you both the official NCL Amenities Confirmation and the official NCL Confirmation (Guest Copy). The first document will list all passenger names and will specify the amenities applied to each one. The second will include all payments that have been made, including how the service charge was paid. I think it's unlikely that your TA paid it. Is it possible that he put it through on whatever credit card number you have on file with him?

(Note: it is not plausible to think that you were switched to the 1st & 2nd passenger free grats promotion. If you had been, it would be specified with the other amenities, and there would be no paid dollar amount listed.)

As far as the OBC goes, you have $200. It says $100 at the bottom because half of the $200 was applied to each of the first two passengers in the cabin. If you log in to the second passenger's MyNCL account, it will say $100 for that person too. If you log into the 3rd/4th/5th passenger's accounts, there will be no OBC listed at the bottom of the page.

Similarly with the UBP, if you log in to the 3rd/4th/5th passengers' MyNCL accounts, it will specify the soda package at the bottom of the page.

Edited by Pikaia

Sorry, but I'm going to tell you to call your TA. Don't worry, your TA should be able to handle this request.

Ask him to send you both the official NCL Amenities Confirmation and the official NCL Confirmation (Guest Copy). The first document will list all passenger names and will specify the amenities applied to each one. The second will include all payments that have been made, including how the service charge was paid. I think it's unlikely that your TA paid it. Is it possible that he put it through on whatever credit card number you have on file with him?

(Note: it is not plausible to think that you were switched to the 1st & 2nd passenger free grats promotion. If you had been, it would be specified with the other amenities, and there would be no paid dollar amount listed.)

As far as the OBC goes, you have $200. It says $100 at the bottom because half of the $200 was applied to each of the first two passengers in the cabin. If you log in to the second passenger's MyNCL account, it will say $100 for that person too. If you log into the 3rd/4th/5th passenger's accounts, there will be no OBC listed at the bottom of the page.

Similarly with the UBP, if you log in to the 3rd/4th/5th passengers' MyNCL accounts, it will specify the soda package at the bottom of the page.

I logged into passenger #3's myncl account and it has the same amenities listed as mine.

But I did email a request for the two items you noted from my TA.

Thanks!

What type of cabin do you have? Suite? Haven? Other?

Harriet

I am booked on the 11/20/16 sailing on the Dawn. I booked during the last promo with UDP for all, UBP for 2 adults, soda package for 3, and $200 OBC.

Adult beverage package

Dining package

My rate code on my invoice says CHOODBK and is the same invoice number as what is showing on ncl.com

Were my service charges possibly paid by my TA when I called to ask about changing to the new promo?

Please don't tell me to call my TA because I honestly think he's clueless, but if he paid my service charges, he's wonderful!!!

I'm going to guess you are staying in a Haven or a suite.

CHOODBK is the promo for the following:

UDP for all

UBP for passanger 1 and 2 and soda for all others in the room

OBC of $200.00 ($100.00 for first passanger and $100.00 for 2nd Passanger

This promo does not include paid DSC.

Are you sure it's showing as PAID or showing that's the cost to BE paid?

If it is showing as paid then your TA must have had a promotion and paid it.

Check your MyNCL and click where it says Pre-Pay Service Charges

Pre-Pay Service Charges

If you see: Total Service Charges Paid: $420.00

then it was paid. I would double check with your TA but I'd also print out that page showing it was paid and bring it with me on my cruise.

Also, what codes show up at the upper left corner of your confirmation that was e-mailed to you?

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

Adult beverage package

Dining package

This is for a suite I think.

Current promo is UBP for first 2 and soda for others in the cabin Check

UDP for all Check

$200 OBC which shows as $100 for each of the first 2 adults on the booking Check

Free DSC Check

You asked about the new promotion and your TA saw that by rebooking you could have free DSC. Your TA is far from clueless they did you a huge favour rebooking you to get the better promo and you saved $420.

UDP for all Check

$200 OBC which shows as $100 for each of the first 2 adults on the booking Check

Free DSC Check

You asked about the new promotion and your TA saw that by rebooking you could have free DSC. Your TA is far from clueless they did you a huge favour rebooking you to get the better promo and you saved $420.

However, the promo code which includes the free DSC is CHOODBS. That's why I asked her to check her e-mailed NCL confirmation.

Harriet

I'm going to guess you are staying in a Haven or a suite.

CHOODBK is the promo for the following:

UDP for all

UBP for passanger 1 and 2 and soda for all others in the room

OBC of $200.00 ($100.00 for first passanger and $100.00 for 2nd Passanger

This promo does not include paid DSC.

Are you sure it's showing as PAID or showing that's the cost to BE paid?

If it is showing as paid then your TA must have had a promotion and paid it.

Check your MyNCL and click where it says Pre-Pay Service Charges

Pre-Pay Service Charges

If you see: Total Service Charges Paid: $420.00

then it was paid. I would double check with your TA but I'd also print out that page showing it was paid and bring it with me on my cruise.

Harriet

I am booked in a 2 BR suite. It does say Total service charges paid $420.00.

Also, on my invoice I have total NCCR (port charges) of $ 647.50 and Taxes/Fees of $554.70. Based on NCL, the port charges/taxes are $119.56 x 5 = $597.80 so maybe those service charges are included in those fees????

UDP for all Check

Free DSC Check

The promo is for DSC for 2. The $420 is for 5. If he rebooked would I not have a new reservation number?

If indeed my service charges for 5 have been paid by my TA, he is AWESOME!

The promo is for DSC for 2. The $420 is for 5. If he rebooked would I not have a new reservation number?

You need to look at your e-mail conformation! I DOUBT your TA paid for your DSC but in March there was a new promo that also paid for your DSC and that promo code would be CHOODBS instead of the old, February, promo code which was CHOOBK. I think you must have called sometime in March and changed it to include the DSC. Like I said, check your e-mailed NCL confirmation.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

The promo is for DSC for 2. If he rebooked would I not have a new reservation number?

No if he rebooked or repriced it you wouldn't necessarily have a new reservation number. After I booked our NCL cruise, I did a little more room research which I didn't do before hand because I wanted to book during the 50% deposit sale and I ended up just grabbing one of the 4 person angled balconies.

A week later I was playing around and realized the large balconies were the same price AND 2 bed by the balcony rooms were still open. I called to see if I was able to switch and keep the 50% deposit without really expecting to be able to but you can always ask right? :D

In the end, our room was switched, 50% deposit still applied and the reservation # didn't change. When we switched rooms on the Sun years ago, I remember having to cancel and rebook everything.

I could be wrong because I didn't book a suite during the promo before, but I am 95% sure that the old promo w/o the DSC was $300 for Suite/Haven.

Since you use a TA, your invoice is from them. I didn't get a new invoice when I switched our rooms for June and working with a different TA for our August cruise I know I didn't get a new invoice for a payment I just made on it.

As for the difference in Taxes/Fees from the cruise to your invoice, I have found that all non-commisionable fare price is done by multiple TA's like this now. I think it has to do with it making it easier on the TA when they look at how much to base whatever perks you are getting off it.

No if he rebooked or repriced it you wouldn't necessarily have a new reservation number. After I booked our NCL cruise, I did a little more room research which I didn't do before hand because I wanted to book during the 50% deposit sale and I ended up just grabbing one of the 4 person angled balconies.

A week later I was playing around and realized the large balconies were the same price AND 2 bed by the balcony rooms were still open. I called to see if I was able to switch and keep the 50% deposit without really expecting to be able to but you can always ask right? :D

In the end, our room was switched, 50% deposit still applied and the reservation # didn't change. When we switched rooms on the Sun years ago, I remember having to cancel and rebook everything.

I could be wrong because I didn't book a suite during the promo before, but I am 95% sure that the old promo w/o the DSC was $300 for Suite/Haven.

Since you use a TA, your invoice is from them. I didn't get a new invoice when I switched our rooms for June and working with a different TA for our August cruise I know I didn't get a new invoice for a payment I just made on it.

As for the difference in Taxes/Fees from the cruise to your invoice, I have found that all non-commisionable fare price is done by multiple TA's like this now. I think it has to do with it making it easier on the TA when they look at how much to base whatever perks you are getting off it.

I believe suites were $200.00 OBC and Haven was $300.00 OBC.

The first promo did not include DSC, the one in March did. However, it's only paid for the first two people and hers looks like it's been paid for all 5. She really needs to call her TA. And she also needs to ask for a new confirmation as well as an amenity list.

Harriet

Edited by hpecorari

• 2 weeks later...

Update:

I contacted my TA, who originally did not want to send me an amenity list but after describing my issue to him, he did send it.

Somehow, I have UDP for all, UBP for first two, soda package for the other three, $200 OBC and my gratuities for everyone were paid by NCL. Plus, I got an awesome deal!!! It's just too bad that my cruise is not for another 600 days!!

Edited by TAYLORCPA