Old Daily Programs

richwmn

Unless my memory is incorrect, that was the first Fall the Zaandam was in service. I was aboard her in July of that year (again if my dates are correct), not too long after she entered service. Somewhere in my archives, I still have my programs, menus, etc. as well.

I used to save them all and place them in my photo book with the pictures. This was back in the old days when cameras used film and you had to wait until you got home to see if your pictures turned out.;)

Our first cruise was in 1994 on the Maasdam, she was brand spanking new. She is still our favorite and we have been able to secure the same cabin twice.

The daily program was called Dagelyks Nieuws and was in the brochure form. They used to have a program called Passport to Fitness, you received a "passport" and collected stamps for being active. One thing I liked was the Walk-a-mile on the Promenade every morning...oh what grand memories.

Still crusin' and loving it..

Unless my memory is incorrect, that was the first Fall the Zaandam was in service. I was aboard her in July of that year (again if my dates are correct), not too long after she entered service. Somewhere in my archives, I still have my programs, menus, etc. as well.

You are correct - from the HAL website:

Dedicated: May 2000, by actresses Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen

You are correct - from the HAL website:

Dedicated: May 2000, by actresses Mary-Kate & Ashley Olsen

Thank you! I am glad that my memory is still working. I enjoyed the Zaandam and loved the organ in the Atrium. It was fun watching the little figures on its side move as the music played.

I used to save them all and place them in my photo book with the pictures. This was back in the old days when cameras used film and you had to wait until you got home to see if your pictures turned out.;)

Our first cruise was in 1994 on the Maasdam, she was brand spanking new. She is still our favorite and we have been able to secure the same cabin twice.

The daily program was called Dagelyks Nieuws and was in the brochure form. They used to have a program called Passport to Fitness, you received a "passport" and collected stamps for being active. One thing I liked was the Walk-a-mile on the Promenade every morning...oh what grand memories.

Still crusin' and loving it..

Thanks for eliciting so many memories of our early cruising days! We are also still cruising but now with a vengeance as we are retired - and also still loving it!

Edited by take us away