My experience with Verizon E Gift Cards

lcgvol

I recently returned from a Liberty cruise, March 15, out of Port Canaveral. I had purchased enough e gift cards with my Verizon points (18,000) to pay off my cruise and have some left for onboard expences. I had $330 in Verizon E gift cards, $50 in a Carnival gift card from Lowes, and $290 OBC from price drops.

I went to guest services and had the gift cards applied to my account the first or second day. I was given receipts for each gift card, about 5 total. In very small print that was hard to locate, the amount was shown on each one. After a few days of it not showing up on my folio on the TV, I went down and inquired as to why it wasn't showing up yet. I was told it would show up at the end.

On the last night, I did a print out from a kiosk and it showed that I had $191 left over after all expenses were taken out. I went to guest services and was told the entire $191 would go back on a Carnival gift card. I was fine with that. When I got home, I checked the value on line and each one had a $0 balance. My mother also had about $60 left on hers and she was FED Ex'd a gift card 3 days after our cruise.

I called Carnival and asked about my balance yesterday and was told I would receive mine in a few days. Today I received a check for $191. My mother also received a check for her $60 today. She has not yet checked the balance on the gift card that she got by FED EX. She was also told onboard by guest services that hers would go back on a gift card.

Anyone else have a similar experience??

I know I read something about these Verizon E Gift Cards but I can't remember what. Should I just go to my Verizon store & ask about them? I don't remember seeing anything in my bills about points. My first Carnival cruise is a year away but I'm planning for it now (along with 2 RCI cruises) so I would like to get some info about this.

I know I read something about these Verizon E Gift Cards but I can't remember what. Should I just go to my Verizon store & ask about them? I don't remember seeing anything in my bills about points. My first Carnival cruise is a year away but I'm planning for it now (along with 2 RCI cruises) so I would like to get some info about this.

You need to check on the Verizon website. After you sign up there should be small type that mentions the rewards (unless you haven't signed up for it).

When I looked a few days ago they were still sold out :(. I just started seeing Carnival gift cards in my grocery store but there's no discount. The Verizon ones gave you a 10% discount.....