C&A magazine

Marie51

I am wondering if this happened to anyone else. I did not receive the last issue of C&A magazine which I understand was mailed out in July. I called this morning and was told that I no longer get the magazine because I haven't cruised for a long time and they are mailed out only to people who are "active cruisers." Well my last RC cruise was in Nov 2003, but I also cruised with Celebrity in Sept 2004 ( which according to this woman on the phone does not count for anything). I am a bit put out about this since I am not one of those people who can afford 2 or 3 cruises a year, but I do have 9 RC behind me, and have a RC cruise booked for next April. Anyone else know anything about this??

Thanks

Marie,

I'm just curious if you contacted the main Royal Caribbean customer service area or if you contacted Crown and Anchor directly (800-526-9723). If you didn't call C&A, I would try them.

I'm sure not everyone that gets the magazine is interested in receiving it, so I can understand them limiting who they send them to.... You'd think though, if someone called and asked for one (especially someone who has cruised them as many times as you have and has a cruise booked); that they'd send one out without giving you a hard time.

I still have mine if you are interested in knowing if there was a coupon for your April cruise.

Good luck,

elleluv

Yes, I did call the C&A phone number, not the general RC number. I am booked for the Mariner on 4/23/06. Even if there is not a coupon for my cruise, I still like to look throught the magazine. It's just the point here.

Thanks

Will someone please check to see if a coupon is available for Spendour of the Seas for Feb 27-Mar 4, 2006? I am in the process of moving and do not have my C & A magazine available. Also, if there is a coupon, do you think I could call C & A and they will apply it for me? We are booking a junior suite, if that makes a difference and we are Platinum.

Thanks.

Will someone please check to see if a coupon is available for Spendour of the Seas for Feb 27-Mar 4' date=' 2006? I am in the process of moving and do not have my C & A magazine available. Also, if there is a coupon, do you think I could call C & A and they will apply it for me? We are booking a junior suite, if that makes a difference and we are Platinum.

Thanks.[/quote']

Sorry... there isn't a coupon for your cruise in Issue 3.

I haven't received mine either even though I'm sailing with Nancy on the Mariner next month and am registered as a C&A member.:confused: I need to find out if there's a coupon for the Brilliance sailing Apr. 17/06.

Beth

Good Morning Beth ~ I just checked the most recent issue of C&A mag and sorry to say that there is no coupon for Brilliance for April 17/06... check the next issue that I think is due out in December.

Beth... I received the wrong level of coupons in my C&A for the last issue and I called Crown & Anchor and within two weeks I had the correct magazine.... it was worth the call since there was a coupon in it that I was using.

Emmy

• 2 weeks later...

Question, and don't flame me if it is asked somewhere else on these boards as I am at work and did a search and found this forum...

I have found that I have a Crown and Anchor coupon good for the cruise I am on in October. We booked it through Orbitz, can I still use the coupon? Or are they only good if you book through RCI directly? Of course we have already paid in full at this point also, don't know if that makes a difference also.

It would make a significant difference if I could use it, more money to spend on other things.

Please let me know and thanks in advance...

I am not sure about Orbitz cause every agency has a different approach about coupons, but I have used them with both brick and morter travel agencies and online agencies. The only problem I see with Orbitz is, like Expedia, there are not real people at the other end that are easy to get in touch with.

That was a great question btw and not worth a flame. Well there is not much I have seen that is ever worth a flame but that's just me :)

Same experience here Marie51. The last issue we received was at least 6 months ago - probably longer. As you can see, we last sailed 11/03 and have another cruise (which we just made final payment on) booked for 01/06.

Personally, I wish that the "magazine" actually had more interesting articles. It just seems to be one big advertisement with very generic cruising "tips". They should save the cost of the glossy paper and mail out one sheet with the coupons. Kind of a waste of resources.

Archived