Grand Princess 18 July - anyone for St Petersburg sightseeing

Hi there

I have sent away for information from Red October, Denrus and Palladium. We are a group of 4 from New Zealand - is there anyone else who would like to join us sightseeing in St Petersburg. The more people, the cheaper it is.

Cheryl

Cheryl,

My name is Pam Rees and I will be on the Grand Princess leaving from Copenhagen on July 18th.
I just found out about RO, Denrus and Palladium
and I would love to hook up with a group to go with. I definitely would like to see St. Catherine's Palace, the Peterhof, the Hermitage,
the Church of the Savior of the Royal Blood, an evening Folk Dancing show (I think the ship offers this too) and anything else interesting. I should tell you something about myself. I am a medical librarian and I am 56 years old. My husband Bob is not a traveler, so I am rooming with another woman who I met as a part of our group on this cruise.
I think most of the others will take the ship trips, but these private ones sound much better.
In addition, Americans need a visa if they are traveling on their own in Russia, but not if they are with a ship tour or company like Red October or Denrus. I have learned that Denrus and Red October both supply the necessary visas that Americans need, but I don't think Palladium does. I have just found out all this information searching the Internet the past couple of days. I wish I had started sooner.

We just had a group of New Zealanders visit the State Library in the past couple weeks as a part of their Friendship Force tour.

My email address is: [email]pam.rees@lib.state.ia.us[/email]
if you are interested in contacting me.

Thank you.

Pam Rees
West Des Moines, Iowa USA

we too will be on the same cruise (18july copenhagen grand princess)

joining you with RO sounds interesting. We are with a group of 4 people.

our party consists of my parents, my girlfriend and me.

Can you post some information here about how to contact you and what you want to know?

• 2 weeks later...
Hello
We are also on the same cruise (18 July copenhagen Grand princess)
Joining you with RO sounds interesting. We are with a group of 3 people, 2 males and 1 female.Can you post some information here about how to contact you and which tours are you interested in booking?
[right][/right]

We'll be on same cruise and looking to share tour, but need older people that maybe don't want to do too much walking... My dad's 81 and i'm 41. He can walk but his knees start to hurt if he has to stand too much and can't sit down every once in awhile. He's able to walk around a museum and such but no good on a day walking tour.

My roommate and I have scheduled a trip with 4 others through Red October in St. Petersburg. We are on the Princess July 18th. When I did not received any replies to my inquiries through Cruise Critic, I contacted RO directly and they gave us people to contact who we might join up with. We have been corresponding with Galia at [email]roctober@mail.wplus.net[/email]. You might try contacting her.

Pam - Tapforfun

Archived