Carnival Fantasy to Costa.

DutchCruiseFan

Don't know how they could transfer Fantasy to Costa in late 2015 when they are selling cruises until April 2016.

Would they not just transfer those bookings/itineraries to a new ship?

Will Sunshine be the permanent replacement?

Anything you can share?

I don't know anything. The only deployments that have been released are.

Breeze to Galveston- November 2016

Elation to Jacksonville- April 2016

Fascination to San Juan- April 2016

Liberty to Galveston- March 2016

Sunshine doing seasonal cruises from Charleston, New York, and Norfolk

Triumph to New Orleans- April 2016

Jim Berra has said that Magic will go to Port Canaveral and John Heald has given some hints about it as well. There hasn't been an official release about it.

Edited by cruiser fanatic

The Carnival Fantasy will be transfered to Costa Cruises in late 2015 according to Wikipedia.

I sure as he** hope not!! :( I'm booked on her for April 2016. Besides, I doubt this is true. Why would Carnival let me book a cruise that's not going to happen?

It isn't going to be retired before next April. People that start these rumors have nothing else to do!

While I agree Wikipedia is not a credible source, I will say that Carnival does frequently cancel cruises and changes ships AFTER people have booked, when they repo ships. If Carnival really is retiring the Fantasy, I would assume it would be replaced with something, and to be honest whatever that replacement is would have to be considered an UPGRADE over the oldest ship in the fleet.

The Carnival Fantasy will be transfered to Costa Cruises in late 2015 according to Wikipedia.

Oh boy. Do we all realize that literally anyone can write anything on Wikipedia? Let's not let the rumour mill start spinning unless we have some real fuel to run it :p

It would be nice to be switched (or some might say upgraded) to a bigger, newer ship like the Sunshine (well, sort of newer, she was the Destiny so not that new) even though I am really looking forward to trying and seeing the Fantasy. I like the smaller, older ships. :) It would make me kinda nervous though, I've heard (and read) a lot of really bad things about the Sunshine recently!! :eek:

It would be nice to be switched (or some might say upgraded) to a bigger, newer ship like the Sunshine (well, sort of newer, she was the Destiny so not that new) even though I am really looking forward to trying and seeing the Fantasy. I like the smaller, older ships. :) It would make me kinda nervous though, I've heard (and read) a lot of really bad things about the Sunshine recently!! :eek:

I had a great time on the Sunshine. While some of the complaints were valid it didn't affect my cruise experience. Remember, some people live to complain.

The booking engine doesn't show anything for Fantasy out beyond April of 2016. While most other Fantasy-class ships also only show departures through that date, many of the larger ships show cruises well into 2017 (including Sunshine from Charleston).

I wonder if that indicates at least a shuffling of ships and ports for Fantasy and her sisters, if not a sale...

I can guarantee you that they can and do sell cabins and then change their mind. I was all booked on april 16 for breeze and got notice this week that my sailing date had been chartered and I was out of luck.

Well, details? Next steps for Charleston?

Someone on another thread mentioned that the recently upgraded Fascination (or possibly another Fantasy-class ship) would likely replace Fantasy after next April. This would be make sense due to the size of the ship, it would be a different ship but the same class.

John Heald was just asked on his Facebook page and replied that Fantasy will be remaining part of the Carnival line and that there will be news for the Port of Charleston next week.

He said earlier in the week that two more ships would be announced as 'Dancing' next week. So, if Charleston is to get another liner I suppose we'll know then.