Review of Quantum of the Seas

Much like a hotel, I have me sheets changed often: guys, this is not a timeshare, where they only clean the room weekly!!

How often do you change your sheets at home??

Talk about creating unnecessary work for the staff. :rolleyes:

Goodness. Just off the quantum yesterday and commented to my husband "don't think when we get home that I'll change the sheets every day like here". Yes, everyday including the top cover. It was the same In January when on the quantum. I don't know if having a suite makes a difference.

I'm new to Cruise Critic, but my wife and I have been cruising for years and love Royal Caribbean. We were on the maiden voyage of Quantum from Southampton to New Jersey and had a great time. Yes there were a few problems encountered, but it was expected on the maiden cruise. RCL made good for everyone's issues. I'm looking forward to our next cruise in August on the Brilliance, and then May 2016 for a 52 day, five cruise (back to back) from Southampton to Beijing on the Ovation. I look forward to posting for that maiden cruise.

Happy Seas to all!:)

WOW! Don't people have a right not to like a cruise. We were on the Quantum a month ago and thought it was very overcrowded, especially the buffet. Got real tired of waiting in lines.

Just got off Quantum yesterday; it's strange...sometimes it felt like there were people everywhere and other times it was so quiet. We tend to gravitate to some of the quieter areas normally anyway. Ate in 270 for many a breakfast and lunch and I don't think there were ever more than 20-30 people there at the same time. Except for the lunch that was at the same time as the Captains Q&A. But even then, as 270 was filled with people, the food lines were short. I miss that roast beef sandwich, sigh. Also ate in Solarium a few times, and my hubby learned to appreciate the sweet potatoes for breakfast instead of white potatoes by the end. (We cook and eat VERY healthy at home.)

One example of when we felt the ship was empty was on our evening in Nassau. We were docked from 2pm to 12am along with 2 other ships. We heard the Enchantment blow her horn, so we thought she was getting ready to leave. We parked ourselves up on deck 15, all the way aft, and waited for her to go. Well, we ended up sitting there for 4 hours; me, my hubby, and my two teen boys. That was the best night was we sat and talked, debated, prophesied, all together. One by one we left for a bit, getting drinks, snacks, bathroom breaks, etc...I even went back for a sweater at one point. Anyway, the point of me mentioning this is during that time period, we saw maybe 30-40 people walk by. Every now and then a couple would stop & we'd offer to take their picture for them. We saw the amazing sunset, boats returning from a day of fishing...even the Captain America 2 movie being shown on the Carnival ship next to us (we could even hear it!) We felt like we were on a empty ship that night. So even though there were over 4000 other people around, it never felt like it that night.

One example of when we felt the ship was empty was on our evening in Nassau. We were docked from 2pm to 12am along with 2 other ships. We heard the Enchantment blow her horn, so we thought she was getting ready to leave. We parked ourselves up on deck 15, all the way aft, and waited for her to go. Well, we ended up sitting there for 4 hours; me, my hubby, and my two teen boys. That was the best night was we sat and talked, debated, prophesied, all together. One by one we left for a bit, getting drinks, snacks, bathroom breaks, etc...I even went back for a sweater at one point. Anyway, the point of me mentioning this is during that time period, we saw maybe 30-40 people walk by. Every now and then a couple would stop & we'd offer to take their picture for them. We saw the amazing sunset, boats returning from a day of fishing...even the Captain America 2 movie being shown on the Carnival ship next to us (we could even hear it!) We felt like we were on a empty ship that night. So even though there were over 4000 other people around, it never felt like it that night.

That there is what cruise memories are made of. Sounds great to have that time and experience.

Thank you for sharing it with us.

Do you have a picture?

Just got off Quantum yesterday; it's strange...sometimes it felt like there were people everywhere and other times it was so quiet. We tend to gravitate to some of the quieter areas normally anyway. Ate in 270 for many a breakfast and lunch and I don't think there were ever more than 20-30 people there at the same time. Except for the lunch that was at the same time as the Captains Q&A. But even then, as 270 was filled with people, the food lines were short. I miss that roast beef sandwich, sigh. Also ate in Solarium a few times, and my hubby learned to appreciate the sweet potatoes for breakfast instead of white potatoes by the end. (We cook and eat VERY healthy at home.)

I was on the same cruise. The only time we thought the ship was crowded was the first day when the rooms were not available until 7:30 and everyone was in the public areas with their carry on luggage. Whenever and wherever we ate there were always empty seats.

I was also on the Feb 20th cruise and posted a review. I did not travel with children so cannot comment on the OP' s experience. We had a diametrically different Windjammer experience. The food was great, there were staff finding tables for people during the busy times and there were often empty tables when we went. The constant flow of fresh baked cookies was AMAZING. I agree that the service was very slow, orders were consistently wrong and the food delivery flow was choppy in each of the restaurants and at least half the time the wine was either out of stock, delivered after the meal or forgotten altogether. I enjoyed the ship, the adult solarium was out of this world in beauty with multilevel pools and hot tubs. We avoided the smoke by always traveling down the no smoking side of the ship. The food in Two 70 was great for fast service food and the views incomparable. We enjoyed most of the entertainment tremendously. I would definitely sail this class of ship again but probably would not do it with my grandson in tow.