Butler services?

wesnliz

When we were on the Getaway we would order in from different speciality restaurants. One night I have Cagneys while my spouse had Le Bistro yet our desert came from La cinchona.. Our butler served it right on time to our room with white table cloth service. It was beautiful to eat that meal S we sailed Away from the Bahamas. I find with the UDB and being in the haven you hardly ever leave your room. You can also request speciality times to be delivered to where you are on the ship as well.. One evening we found a spot on the upper deck, just the two of us and wanted Oreo cheesecake. Called the butler told him where we were and within 10 min he brought it up to us. Now keep in ,ind when utilizing their services that they are not part of the global tipping so we were extra generous with the tipping as he was always there and ready

Now I am starting to think that not getting the UDP with my haven was a mistake based on how it sounds people are ordering things from different specialty restaurants all the time, form multiple different restaurants.Does it cost anything (outside of the tip) to order things like that from the specialty restaurants with the UDP?

DH and I are in our 1st suite next Jan. We are traveling with 2 other couples. All of us are in suites in the front of the ship, same hallway within a few doors of each other. My question is this: Can all 6 of us have dinner together in my suite and each other from different menus? I thought it would be fun to host a "Dinner Party" for my friends. I don't know if we will have to same butler or where everyone would want to order from. Just wondering if this scenario is possible.:) Thanks for any info!

DH and I are in our 1st suite next Jan. We are traveling with 2 other couples. All of us are in suites in the front of the ship, same hallway within a few doors of each other. My question is this: Can all 6 of us have dinner together in my suite and each other from different menus? I thought it would be fun to host a "Dinner Party" for my friends. I don't know if we will have to same butler or where everyone would want to order from. Just wondering if this scenario is possible.:) Thanks for any info!

Even if the suite would sleep 6, the small table there most likely won't accommodate 6 persons. :) Other than that there should be no problem, just remember to tip the butler accordingly based on the extra work load especially if the butler is not the same as with other couples.

Even if the suite would sleep 6, the small table there most likely won't accommodate 6 persons. :) Other than that there should be no problem, just remember to tip the butler accordingly based on the extra work load especially if the butler is not the same as with other couples.

We are in a 2 balcony owner suite. From some pictures and videos I've seen, it looks like the dining table was larger. But maybe it's not big enough for 6. We always tip generously on every cruise. I've been following the NCL board for quite some time so I've gleaned a lot of helpful info on tipping the butler and concierge. Thanks for your input!:D

Booked a haven and apparently it comes with butler service. What does that entail? Would love to know what you have had them do or what they can do.

And concierge....

Think inside the cabin (butler) and outside the cabin (concierge).

If you need something inside the cabin, call the butler. On my last NCL cruise the butler got me express laundry at the non-express price. When I had guests in the cabin he brought extra afternoon snacks.

I call the concierge for all my reservations and the time I got locked inside the cabin. Here is what happened (from my review) ...

I am dead tired from all the walking and I am looking forward to some hot tub time before the 4:00pm departure, when I want to be back on my balcony. Little do I realize what I am in for. The first thing I find wrong is the bathroom light doesn't work. I am not sure who to call, so I call the concierge. She'll send an electrician. Then I think about it. There are three lights in the bathroom and none of them work. It is very unlikely that all three would fail at the same time, so I try more switches and discover that about half the lights in the cabin don't work. Okay, it must be a circuit breaker or fuse. I call the concierge and tell her the problem is even worse. She agrees it must be the circuit breaker. She tells me to call her if no one shows up in ½ hour. No one shows up, so I call again. She gets someone on it. Finally I think I hear someone at the door, so I try to open it, and I find that I am locked in (and here I thought no BBQ chicken was bad).

Now this is a safety issue so I call the concierge again. Meanwhile I am wondering what else could be wrong. Then I realize that the door has some electronics in it, and that this could all be related. Still, this is a safety issue and the door should open from the inside no mater what. Finally the concierge opens the door (it works fine from the outside, but not from the inside - which is easy to demonstrate). She apologizes for taking so long to get to me, as she was on the other side of the ship (I wasn't worried). She explains the door is the carpenter's responsibility, and he is currently on standby because we are leaving the dock. She is clearly embarrassed and stays at the door until both the electrician and the carpenter show up. Me, I'm on the balcony where I planned to be, the only difference is that my bathing suit is dry.

The electrician is the first to solve his problem. All the lights work. The carpenters have removed the entire lock mechanism and we are backing out. We are not just backing out of the dock; we are backing out of the harbor. I guess with the Golden Princess still docked the captain does not believe there is enough room to safely turn around, and back we go, right out of the harbor and half way into the bay. The crew recreation area (crew sun deck and pool) are right below my cabin. So I yell out that it looks like ware going to back all the way to Acapulco. The crew plays along and says they want to make sure I get the full experience. So I respond that great, now I can see where we have been. This gets a laugh out of the crew on the bow. The crew standing next to my door is clearly embarrassed. So, the worst thing that happened is I have to go to the hot tub after we leave and not before - big deal. Missing out on the BBQ chicken is still worse. The captain must have backed the ship a full half mile. That must have been a sight to see for those out on deck on the Golden Princess.