AFL On Princess

Our next cruise is almost here and so is the AFL season, we havn't cruised on Princess during AFL and we are really hoping we will see some telecasts of the games.....anyone know if the Sports Bar on Sun Princess or even the cabin TV have any games on.

During the season they tend to alternate between Rugby and AFL with games being shown live on the big screen on the upper deck. It seemed surreal off the coast of PNG on a warm and balmy night watching live feeds of our beloved cats during the finals last year. My BH is a footy tragic and can't wait for the season to start. Just keep an eye on the Princess patter when you get on board for details of the games to be televised.

Enjoy your cruise.

Apparently it costs Princess quite a bit of money to provide the live feed and they won't do it unless there are number of requests for it. I phoned the Pursers Desk and the Cruise Director's staff from every phone I found on the ship and created the demand:) Sadly my Cats were Pal on the night:mad:

I know this sounds terrible for some people, but I would try to have AFL NOT on the ship. Like half of Australia, can't stand it. We get it plugged to us on FTA TV all the time and a cruise is a great way to escape it. Sure, if the feed was on in the cabins, but on at the bar.....no thanks.

Now if only they had the a-league on!