Upgrade/upsell on the Dawn 10/30/05

chief d

I would be proactive about it and call yourself. I've did an upsell on the Dawn in the past and with my upcoing POAm cruise, I've been all over my TA. Sure enough, I got an amazing offer for the Owner's Suite. I would call the reaccomodation desk yourself and have them flag your file for wanting to know about opportunities and also keep hounding your TA. Good luck - they're so worth the effort!

Thanks, I guess your right if you want something done do it yourself. :) I did call the upsell desk about a month ago and told the person I spoke to that I would be "very" interested in a upgrade. Also convey that to my T/A. Time to call again. Thanks

Guest cruzr44

I will be on the Majesty but wondered how much one would usually pay to go from a CC to an AB suite? Can you ask when you are checking in or should I contact someone now? Thank you

Im on 9/11 Dawn sailing, and I just got a upsell 2 days ago to go from a BC cat to the AB for $364PP. There were 2 left to choose from, what a deal that was, couldnt pass that up, saved $4000!!!! Two weeks ago it was $800PP, then last week it was $500PP, then Bingo I hit the Jackpot this past thurs. Ive never been in a penthouse before, only Bal. & oceanviews. This is going to be a experience of a lifetime for my son & I. Hope you get the same deal. Good luck & have a great cruise!

I have called a few times for an upgrade and the prices were just too high. Orginally booked a gty. inside cabin at the lowest fair of $599.00 at the time and ended up with a catagory K. I tried once more to see if there were any reasonably priced upgrades for a cabin with a balcony and they offered me a mini suite cat. AF for $300.00 more per person so I grabbed it. From cat. K to AF for $300.00. Did I do good? The lower cat. oceanview balconys actually cost more to upgrade. Why is that? Sailing 09/25 on the Dawn.

Carnival Destiny

NCL Sea

Fasination

NCL Dawn

Although, I am never looking for an upsell. I did just receive a $300 refund on my 10-30 Dawn sailing. Saw Labor Day sales and requested the refund or at least an upgrade from my TA. Didn't expect anything since it's way past final payment so was very happy with this refund. :) Going REAL cheap. :)

Thanks, I guess your right if you want something done do it yourself. :) I did call the upsell desk about a month ago and told the person I spoke to that I would be "very" interested in a upgrade. Also convey that to my T/A. Time to call again. Thanks

You still have plenty of time for an upsell.

Check the NCL site and see what cabins are still available.

Good Luck ;)

Stay on top of it!

I am also sailing the Dawn 10-30 cruise. I saw that the price had gotten a lot cheaper. I called my TA to see if I can get a refund. They said that since it was less then 75 days before the sail date they could only upgrade me. I went from a JJ room to a G.

Budgetqueenalaska, how were you able to get a refund? I guess I'm just aggravated that my cabin is $1200 less now.:mad:

I would rather have a refund than an upgrade.

I guess beggars can't be choosy!:o

I called NCL on 9/12 and the girl took my info and told me they were working on the 10/30 cruise. I was suppose to get a return call from them, but I'M STILL WAITING.:rolleyes: I think my T/A dropped the ball on this one for me.:( (And I must say that would be a first for her.) Guess I'll get on my T/A today. Wish me luck.

I am also sailing the Dawn 10-30 cruise. I saw that the price had gotten a lot cheaper. I called my TA to see if I can get a refund. They said that since it was less then 75 days before the sail date they could only upgrade me. I went from a JJ room to a G.

Budgetqueenalaska, how were you able to get a refund? I guess I'm just aggravated that my cabin is $1200 less now.:mad:

I would rather have a refund than an upgrade.

I guess beggars can't be choosy!:o

I requested it and got it. 9-10-05 I am in a cheap inside.

Hi Chief D,

I saw on one of your posts that you called the upsell desk. Do you have a phone number for that department. I would really appreciate it if you do.

I hope you get your call back soon. Last time they called my TA a week before the scheduled departure date. She also said they called her the week before with an offer, but she thought it was too much money so she didn't even call me about it. I would have jumped on it anyway if I had seen the Owner's Suite before then, but as luck would have it, I didn't end up seeing pics of it until the night before she called about the upgrade. Didn't even call hubby, just said 'go for it'.... It was well worth it, and it sure does spoil you. We'll have a good time no matter what cabin we end up with. I booked a balcony guarantee. I've never booked a guarantee before, so we'll see what happens.

Good Luck...

Jackie

I am on the 9/18 Dawn and called the upsell desk and was told the same thing (several times). Each time i requested they notate that I would be interested in an upsell. Yesterday (5 days before departure) I got an e-mail from the upsell department with an offer that I would not refuse. Moral to the story, an upsell opportunity came come at the 11th hour!

David

Good Morning Angeljt,

First here is the # 1 800 625-4309. I called my T/A this morning and asked her to please check for me since I wasn't having any luck. Now I'm waiting for her to return my call. Hopefully she's call me with some good news. I really don't have a bad cabin, (balcony) just want more room. And yes I can use the luck. Thanks Jackie

Chief D,

That's great. Good for you. $50 pp is a good price for that upgrade.

Thanks so much for the phone number.

I just got off the phone with them and he's going to call my TA with the offers for upgrades. I'm so excited. Hope their not too unreasonable.

Thanks again, Chief!!!

Jackie

Congrats, chief d! Party's at your place!! :D

I've been SOOO tempted to call for an upsell, but we have friends going with us (we talked them in to it -- never cruised NCL before) and they're practically across the hall from us. I'm afraid they'd be insulted if we switched cabins! :rolleyes:

Thanks Jackie, hope you get a good deal too. Also please tell me what you think of the Dawn.

Welove2cruise2, Yup party at our place.:) We know about going with first times. We did it back in 99 with my wifes brother his wife and son. (But our were "real" first timers.) LOL

Chief D,

Sorry... I had written a long post telling you what I thought of the Dawn and when I clicked on reply, the site said it was down and to try later. Do you have any specific questions? I thought it was a great ship, but we were biased being in the OS for the first time. I guess we were high on the royal treatment.

I called the # you gave me and the person I talked to was really nice and said he was the one handling our cruise. He said he would call my TA, but so far no call. I emailed my TA the # and hopefully she will call and talk to him. He said he would be able to offer me 3 suite choices, but the prices were high. I guess the longer I wait, the better the price might be. We'll be very happy in the balcony guarantee I booked, but I'm still hoping!!!

Wish we were on the same cruise with you and your wife. I'm sure we would have fun. I see you're from Plymouth... We're neighbors and we live in Fairhaven, MA.

I do have some cousins in Plymouth. They're name is Guiney.

Thanks again, you're the best!!!

Jackie

Archived