Sea Princess Wireless?

cruiser02

Take this with a grain of salt, since I have not sailed on the Sea Princess, but my understanding (from the Expedia website) is that there is a small "Business Center" on the Riviera deck that has approximately 10 computer terminals for passengers to use to connect to the internet.

It was also my understanding, from an earlier post, that Princess had fanned out wireless access to its entire fleet. But, again, I haven't seen anything specific to the Sea Princess. Your travel agent should be able to get that infomation for you. But be aware, that even on ships with wireless access, the access is only available in specific public areas (generally near the atrium), not through out the ship.

I found the answer to part of your question. The following is an excerpt from a July 2005 review of the Sea Princess by "Simon":

The internet café was good the connection fast and reliable and as reasonable value as you are going to get at sea at 35c per minute.

The full review is at:

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=11749

• 1 month later...

Could someone who's recently been on the Sea Princess, or is on it now, please clarify something I was just told by 1-800-Princess Customer Service about the wireless internet access. This is specific to bringing one's own laptop on board the ship, and also specific to being a Platinum or Elite member.

What they told me is that if I bring my laptop on board and wish to use the Princess wireless access that I could either a) purchase a pre-configured "Princess Wireless Card" for $54.95 which could be used for unlimited, no-charge access during the cruise; or b) "rent" their wireless card for $10.50 for 30 minutes of access (no discount or freebie for Platinum/Elite)

The rep also told me that if I purchased the pre-configured "Princess Wireless Card" at $54.95 that it could further be used on any Princess vessel in the future. And for Platinum members there would not be any time charges on any vessel when using their card.

What's confusing is that I was on the Sapphire Princess two weeks ago and they rented the wireless card to Platinum members for a daily fee charged to the shipboard account. When the card was returned at the end of the cruise all charges were reversed on the account. I'll be on the Sea Princess in two weeks and am considering bringing my own laptop.

The best way to confirm if what I'm hearing is correct is to obviously have someone who has been on the Sea Princess, or is on it currently, to check it out with Passenger Services Desk.

Thanks !

Archived