Booking excursion and leaving child onboard

jopat

I have tried to find out info online but can't see anything.

Has anyone done this on Quantum?

How does it work when booking excursions, is there a chance kids club will be full & is there any way of booking in advance for the day you require?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'm not sure of the answer but I think parents need to take responsibility for their child/ren.

It's one thing leaving your kid in the club whilst on board - where you are accessible in an emergency to leaving your child on the boat while you go off enjoying yourself!

Edited by cynicalscotsman

I'm not sure of the answer but I think parents need to take responsibility for their child/ren.

It's one thing leaving your kid in the club whilst on board - where you are accessible in an emergency to leaving your child on the boat while you go off enjoying yourself!

I didn't ask for anyone's opinion, only information.

The ship provides this service for many reasons, so I am trying to find out from other people that have used it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have never done it. My DH would love to but I am a scary cat and can't leave them behind.

In my past experience they have had kids club open but there is a small charge to take the kids to lunch and you need a reservation...ie only so many kids. I think they feed them in windjammer when it first opens or something.

That was the coolest thing about Disney they had a special hallway and eating area to feed the kids. Even on Castaway Cay the kids got a special lunch.

We are going on Quantum next week is there a island you are interested in knowing about the hours of kids club? I can keep an eye open for it.

My kids (13 and 10)would not stand for being left behind on ship but they are old enough to go any excursion we wanted to. I understand that is not always the case and know that many parents do leave the kids on ship.

Truthfully I have left my kids on the ship while we got off. Mind you it was my 7 year old, but he also has autism. If I would force him to go with when he didn't want to we would all be miserable all day, it was best for the family to let him stay where he was happy.

We didn't have to make reservations. The fed him in the windjammer. We got back in plenty of time and all was well. Be prepared for the backlash on this site - a lot of people don't agree with leaving them (as you noticed already [emoji4]). Let me know if you have any other questions!

We have never done it. My DH would love to but I am a scary cat and can't leave them behind.

In my past experience they have had kids club open but there is a small charge to take the kids to lunch and you need a reservation...ie only so many kids. I think they feed them in windjammer when it first opens or something.

That was the coolest thing about Disney they had a special hallway and eating area to feed the kids. Even on Castaway Cay the kids got a special lunch.

We are going on Quantum next week is there a island you are interested in knowing about the hours of kids club? I can keep an eye open for it.

My kids (13 and 10)would not stand for being left behind on ship but they are old enough to go any excursion we wanted to. I understand that is not always the case and know that many parents do leave the kids on ship.

Thanks for your reply, it's actually the Anthem I am going on but presume they will have the same sort of system.

It's my daughter that wants to stay onboard, not at every port though.

She is a sensible 10 year old has cruised since she was a baby. The kids clubs are the highlight of her holiday!

We will not be going on all day excursions apart from the ones we are taking her on, thinking more about the short 4 hour trips. Just unsure if to book without her, as no guarantee of a place at club

Have a good holiday

Truthfully I have left my kids on the ship while we got off. Mind you it was my 7 year old, but he also has autism. If I would force him to go with when he didn't want to we would all be miserable all day, it was best for the family to let him stay where he was happy.

We didn't have to make reservations. The fed him in the windjammer. We got back in plenty of time and all was well. Be prepared for the backlash on this site - a lot of people don't agree with leaving them (as you noticed already [emoji4]). Let me know if you have any other questions!

Thanks for your reply,

My daughter would also be miserable if we took her off, she loves just being on the ship.

Ignore the people who just want to hear themselves talk, yet have nothing constructive or important to say.

We've left our kids on board many times (they are going on their 6th cruise) and if it wasn't a normal thing to do then the cruise line wouldn't offer it.

In our experience, Disney was the only ship that required payment or booking. Both RCCL & Carnival let you drop them off. They did feed them too. Good luck and happy sailing!!

Jenjer, see you on Quantum next week!