wine in carryon

brovol

I understand that there are restrictions as to bringing wine on the ship, and that adults may bring one 750ml bottle in a carryon bag. Without being lambasted for deviating from the rules, has anyone had success bringing the larger 1.5 L bottles of wine in the carryon (or extra bottles in the luggage)? Not trying to get away with a ton extra, but the 1.5 L would be better.

Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

I understand that there are restrictions as to bringing wine on the ship, and that adults may bring one 750ml bottle in a carryon bag. Without being lambasted for deviating from the rules, has anyone had success bringing the larger 1.5 L bottles of wine in the carryon (or extra bottles in the luggage)? Not trying to get away with a ton extra, but the 1.5 L would be better.

Any help on this subject would be appreciated.

Please go to search on this topic, it has been covered MANY times.

My spouse and I had one 1.5 liter bottle of wine and it was not allowed on the ship. The bottle was taken away from us and was in our cabin just after dinner on the final night. :confused:

Edited by runner15km

My spouse and I had one 1.5 liter bottle of wine and it was not allowed on the ship. The bottle was taken away from us and was in our cabin just after dinner on the final night. :confused:

Hmmm. How recently was that? We are on the dream this Sunday out of New Orleans. Wondering how strict they are. Sounds like we better stick with the 750 ml, but wish we could get away with more. We actually like a cheap moscato better than anything else, and won't get that on the ship, even if we wanted to pay for it.

this was a looooong time ago, but on our first CCL cruise, we just did the one per person

The second one we were thinking...hmmm, how do they know whos with what group with what luggas unless they asked you? So we did 2 per carry on, worked just fine

This was YEARS ago so take it with a grain of salt. On our NCL cruise, some people we met smuggled in a TON of booze, said no one was checking the bags for liquid. And on other cruises I have seen them check. So I think its just luck!