Oceania Hotel Prices!!! 8(

Paisley12

What Oceania is charging me, if I remember correctly, including the air taxes, fuel surcharges and ticketing fees, comes out to $1373 per person...

I ran searches on Travelocity and other sites and the best price I can come up with LAX to Istanbul, Venice to LAX for my dates is $1524.45 and is NONREFUNDABLE...

If the deviation fee and any excess charges come out to under $300, I figure I'm still ahead...and if I end up having to cancel the cruise before final payment date, I'm not stuck with the tickets...

Whether or not you can get a better deal often depends on where you're flying from, where your cruise starts and ends and what time of year you're going...

If this were a cruise in and out of the London area, for example...and taken outside of the high season summer prices, my guess is I could beat cruise line air costs by a considerble sum--based on the much larger number of flights LAX to Heathrow and the lower "off-season" fares...

And...unfortunately, having used FF miles for two cruises in the las six months, we've pretty much depleted our supply of those for now...

Hi Shiela:

I take a pretty low profile on these boards....!!!

Anyway, our time in Athens was great!!. We had George's Taxi take us around in a limo...as you know we are not the shortest of guys!!, and the extra legroom was most welcome. Did the usual Athens, Acropolis, Corinth, Olympic stadia, coastline route toursity thing for a couple of days..it was great. As you know, it was especially hot, and we were glad we didn't have to stand in the sweltering heat listening to a guide. Went shopping for a day in the old town district, which was fun....

I'd love to go back to explore Athens more, but would prefer it in the "shoulder" months (spring or fall), rather than the heat of summer....

Hope you guys are doing great...was our pleasure to meet you!!

Tim

Archived