Rebooked

MWillow

Hi everyone, I thought I'd let you all know I was just able to rebook our October 2015 NY to Hamburg and back transatlantic crossings to a better deal under the same reference number. We moved from a sheltered balcony to a regular balcony for the same price and they threw in free gratuities with the rebooking. We're from the U.S. and our original booking was made two months ago. I'm relatively new to cruising and have been keeping an eye on the fares. Happy sailing, everyone!

Congratulations on getting a better deal. Just hope that the "regular" balcony works out to your advantage. On colder crossings some here actually prefer sheltered balconies as they allow a margin of protection from wind yet one can still enjoy the ocean air. They however are more suited to those who like to read outside - it's not possible to see the sea when one is seated. Others don't like that and therefore go for "regular" balconies.

Thanks so much BlueRiband. We did back to back Sept./Oct. crossings last year on the QM2 for our first cruise ever and tried both types. We would have been perfectly satisfied with the sheltered version but are very happy with the change. We're hoping for some nice days again this trip to allow us to enjoy it. Cheers!

QM2 does have her way of getting her claws into people doesn't she?:) My first ever cruise was on QM2 and I'm not interested in sailing on any other ship. I'd whine so much that this, that, or something else was "not like QM2" that my table mates would have me walk the plank!:D