Dreamworks Character Meet Questions

We're sailing on Oasis in June. We're very accustomed to how Disney World characters interact and I'm wondering how the Dreamworks characters compare.

1) I've looked at Cruise Compasses and I've noticed there's a lot of Meet n Greets spread throughout the ship over the course of the 7 days. Do they have any problems with you taking your own photos of Meet n Greets, or do you have to purchase theirs?

2) Do the characters sign autographs? I read an old post that mentioned that their handlers used a stamp, but that was from 2011. Is that still the same? If so, do they sell reasonably priced autograph books on board, or should I come prepared?

3) Is there anything special at the character breakfast that would make it a "must do"? Or is it just similar to the other Meet n Greets, but at breakfast? We are a party of 4 adults and 1 kid, making it a $50 price tag for us. My understanding is it's just the basic MDR food, the only difference is that the characters come by your table for photos. Is there anything else special about it?

Anything else I'm not asking that I should know?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

We're sailing on Oasis in June. We're very accustomed to how Disney World characters interact and I'm wondering how the Dreamworks characters compare.

1) I've looked at Cruise Compasses and I've noticed there's a lot of Meet n Greets spread throughout the ship over the course of the 7 days. Do they have any problems with you taking your own photos of Meet n Greets, or do you have to purchase theirs?

2) Do the characters sign autographs? I read an old post that mentioned that their handlers used a stamp, but that was from 2011. Is that still the same? If so, do they sell reasonably priced autograph books on board, or should I come prepared?

3) Is there anything special at the character breakfast that would make it a "must do"? Or is it just similar to the other Meet n Greets, but at breakfast? We are a party of 4 adults and 1 kid, making it a $50 price tag for us. My understanding is it's just the basic MDR food, the only difference is that the characters come by your table for photos. Is there anything else special about it?

Anything else I'm not asking that I should know?

Thanks in advance for any tips!

I just got off of Freedom, so there may be some differences but I can say how things were there.

1. I saw a staff member say no pictures to someone once who was taking their own, but I also saw people doing it without a staff member stopping them. I believe some interactions were listed as "professional photo opportunities" and some weren't so maybe that was it? I'm not certain here.

2. On Freedom they would not sign autographs.

3. The character breakfast on Freedom was not special. All the characters were easy to meet without lines elsewhere on the ship, and you actually got a better interaction at the photo opportunities. On the Freedom the breakfast started late, was disorganized, the service wasn't good, the characters couldn't get between the tables, and generally wasn't worth the cost. The interactions around the ship with characters were great though. We kept running into them by accident. Gloria shopping for purses, Shrek having a dance off with my daughter, King Julien taking her for a walk, etc. I won't be doing the breakfast again.

On the Oasis (3/14):

It is the standard MDR breakfast food, but they themed the menu (pictures, renamed the dishes) so it's harder to read.

The kids got a sticker from each character's handler and were able to get a movie poster (for the upcoming penguins movie I think). No autographs that I saw (we didn't ask, none were offered).

The day we had breakfast we had Alex (lion), King Julian (lemur?), and Gloria (hippo). Alex and KJ went around to each table. Gloria stayed up front (costume too big around to be able to circulate I assume) and the handlers brought the kids up table by table.

The characters were introduced individually and had a dance number with their handler and some of the staff prior to circulating for pictures. There was no one I saw in the dining room taking photos "officially".

It's not much different from the character meals at WDW, no autographs but you're served food instead of going to a buffet.

We never managed to make it to any of the character meet & greets. They just didn't work with our schedule or plans.

Edited by Imalinata

Experienced it on Quantum in November and December. It was very similar to how WDW does it. They come out to a designated area and have a handler. You can interact with them, some even had music playing and were dancing with he guests and playing around. We didn't have many kids, so it was a lot of big kids having fun with them, lol. I never had a problem giving my camera to the handler to have them take a picture for me and they never rushed the interaction. Some times they just had characters walking around during the shopping events in the Promenade which was always entertaining, they'd play around with the stuff and find their friends in the stores. Anyone that wanted a picture could just stop them to take it, but there was nothing official for those times.

I never saw anyone get autographs and many of the costumes seem like it would be hard for them to sign items so I'm guessing they don't do them.

We did the character breakfast both sailings, but booked before the price was implemented (3 adults, no kids). It was fun, but when we sailed the room was filled with all adults and just 3 kids so I'm sure it would be different in June with a ship full of kids. We got to see several characters and it was worth the price of free. Since the food is the same as the complimentary breakfast and the characters were so accessible (plus you don't know who you will get for breakfast), I would not pay the price for it in the future. If we had a kid with us, it may be worth it since they brought them up to dance with the characters, but as adults it was fun but not worth the paying extra for.