Cabin 10025 Fantasia

mrsbraxton

anyone know if this is a good cabin - not noisy etc?

We'll be travelling with an 18 month old so hoping there's enough space for travel cot and still be able to move about room

It is a Standard room of 192 sq ft, which should be fine to put a cot in. i wouldn't expect any noise issues.

It will be a long walk to the MDR.

However the balcony is of the in-hull type metal surround, a bit like an OV picture window but without any glass in it, you may want to see if you can get a normal glass panel style.

Here is an image of how the balcony will look.

image by cruisetrail

balconyinhull.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Rang Travel agent and she rang msc for us so they've put a note on file apparently if any regular balcony rooms become available they'll change us.

But not holding out too much hope. Annoyed now I didn't know about the different balconies when we booked as would have asked.

Rang Travel agent and she rang msc for us so they've put a note on file apparently if any regular balcony rooms become available they'll change us.

But not holding out too much hope. Annoyed now I didn't know about the different balconies when we booked as would have asked.

Don't be annoyed, very few , if any at all, Travel Agents know about the "metal" balconies, that includes many of MSC's own reps in their regional offices.

I had to help someone by emailing an image of the ship with the cabin identified so they could email it to the MSC office to prove what they were saying about the balcony. MSC had told them there was no such thing and all balconies had glass barriers which were topped with a wooden handrail !!!!

I know it's a disappointment, but how much worse if you had only found out when you got to the cabin and looked at the balcony then.

At least if you don't move you are prepared for what the balcony looks like.

Some people prefer them, mostly non sun worshippers, as they can sit outside without baking in hot snshine. It might be good for your son to not have the burning sun shining on him on the balcony. So you may think that is a positive thing about it.

Pete

Edited by Skier52

• 1 month later...

Looking online here on TA website doing mock booking to see what cabins are still available on Fantastica package.

Not sure if any of these are better than 10025 so maybe some one might have a better idea.

10232, 10234, 10238,

11166, 11172,

12119, 12120, 12121, 12122

Looking online here on TA website doing mock booking to see what cabins are still available on Fantastica package.

Not sure if any of these are better than 10025 so maybe some one might have a better idea.

10232, 10234, 10238, Aft cabins with great balconies - some people love them, some hate them. I had one and have to admit it took some getting used to!

11166, Connecting cabin, recessed so would be a little shaded from the overhang 11172, Another recessed

12119, 12120, 12121, 12122 As 11166

13150 Beneath the buffet so may have noise issues from chairs/tables being moved around. Balcony would be the most shaded of all the options as it's directly beneath the overhang

I loved the aft cabin - wonderful to watch the ship's wake. Also great vantage point for sailing in or out of ports! However, there's noise and vibration which can be off-putting! Very close to elevators for dining-room and buffet access.

Overall, if you were to move, the best cabin would be 11172 if the aft didn't appeal.

Edited by Beamafar

10232, 10234, 10238, Aft cabins with great balconies - some people love them, some hate them. I had one and have to admit it took some getting used to!

11166, Connecting cabin, recessed so would be a little shaded from the overhang 11172, Another recessed

12119, 12120,12121, 12122 As 11166

13150 Beneath the buffet so may have noise issues from chairs/tables being moved around. Balcony would be the most shaded of all the options as it's directly beneath the overhang

I loved the aft cabin - wonderful to watch the ship's wake. Also great vantage point for sailing in or out of ports! However, there's noise and vibration which can be off-putting! Very close to elevators for dining-room and buffet access.

Overall, if you were to move, the best cabin would be 11172 if the aft didn't appeal.

I must completly agree with Beamafar and just reiterate that 12119; 12120; 12121 and 12122 aar all connecting cabins along with 11166.

The rear recess on Fantasia is nowhere near as much a problem as on Divina (and Preziosa for that matter) but 11166 is only 3 cabins away from the hump wall, which limits the field of view forward,

11172 will also be affected by the hump wall but not as badly as 11166

The deck 10 balconies are huge

Deck101%20aft%202.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Pete, is that a 10 aft balcony? We have one for our upcoming Splendida cruise...can't wait! :D

It certainly is - I had one on my recent TA - fantastic!

I asked our cabin steward if we could get a lounger or two as I've seen pics showing loungers on one of these balconies. Unfortunately he couldn't oblige - the ship was quite full and they were needed by the pools. I didn't chase it up but I've heard that they have been provided when requested in some instances.

It certainly is - I had one on my recent TA - fantastic!

I asked our cabin steward if we could get a lounger or two as I've seen pics showing loungers on one of these balconies. Unfortunately he couldn't oblige - the ship was quite full and they were needed by the pools. I didn't chase it up but I've heard that they have been provided when requested in some instances.

Thanks! I didn't think that could be a regular balcony. :) I'll also ask about a lounger...thanks for the idea!

Thanks! I didn't think that could be a regular balcony. :) I'll also ask about a lounger...thanks for the idea!

I wonder who'd be best to approach about the loungers? Maybe ask a pool attendant if there are any spares available, then, if there were, you'd have a good argument for getting one :D

I wonder who'd be best to approach about the loungers? Maybe ask a pool attendant if there are any spares available, then, if there were, you'd have a good argument for getting one :D

Try asking the Head of Hotel services (usually the third or fourth most important guy on the ship , after the Master, the staff engineer and the cruise director) , they are approachable.

If you have any of the MSC Club cards, especially GOLD or BLACK, use that as leverage, it's worked for me before.

Also download the image above to show it has been done before

Pete

Edited by Skier52

Try asking the Head of Hotel services (usually the third or fourth most important guy on the ship , after the Master, the staff engineer and the cruise director) , they are approachable.

If you have any of the MSC Club cards, especially GOLD or BLACK, use that as leverage, it's worked for me before.

Should have tried that, Pete - especially on my first cruise as a Black card-er LOL. TBH I only asked the cabin steward. When he came back with a "No, sorry" I let it go at that. It didn't spoil my enjoyment of the cruise, though :D I even had dinner with the director of customer relations (her actual title eludes me at the moment!) and never thought to raise it.

Sorry only seeing replies now. Thanks a million for the great info (as always!).

Unsure now what to do, whether room we have 10025 is better than ones still available or not. Decisions, decisions, decisions!! :)