single parent on ventura with 10 yr old

hurleyvestas

Hi I'm going to be on Ventura for a week 19 July 15 from Southampton with my 10 yr old son. (Spain Portugal). I have cruised once (not on P&O) before but never with children. Thought this might be a good local one to test the water.

He's concerned there won't be other kids for him to make pals with.

Anyone been on Ventura that can help put his mind at rest (and mine :)

Ta, Mike

We'll be on Ventura in a month's time. I don't have kids myself but looked at the stuff they provide for kids and I think from the reviews, I don't think you'll see a lot of your 10 year old! They do seem to provide entertainment for them in the way of kids clubs; three or four separate ones according to appropriate ages so I'm sure he'll be able to make friends with his own age peers in no time.

School holidays in my area do not start until 23rd July. Should not think that there will be many children until the holidays start. Depends on dates for other areas. There are kids clubs which run all year round.

Schools in Scotland seem to have summer holidays much earlier than England & Wales. From late June through to early August IIRC.

The experience of my grandchildren and other children is that the biggest problem is getting them out of the club. You should visit the childrens club when you board and register your son. You should get a programme detailing the activies which run from early morning to late evening with breaks at mealtimes. You can go in and out of the club when you want but children 12 and under have to be signed out by a responsible adult.

There is a childrens tea in the buffet from 5pm after which they can go back to the club leaving you free for the evening. Alternatively, you can both dine together in the main restaurant. Its your choice, or his, what you do.

Brian