Document dance???

ahoymatey3

Hi all. I just received a booklet title ‘Shore Excursions’ from X (via my TA). One page is titled ‘Travel Document’. HAL sends a nice leatherette pouch with the tickets and luggage tags – a big timesaver at the pier. Is this all I get from X?

Unless your TA is sending edocs then you should be receiving the spiral binder. Ask your TA about it.

Terri

That travel doc in the shore excursion booklet is for the documentation that needs to be filled out before boarding. It is the same form that is part of the online documentation. Part of this documentation is what they send to federal agency for passenger clearance.

Your boarding docs - if your TA does not use edocs - will be sent sometime after final payment date.

Celeb used to use the fancy pouch like your Hal description. When they went to the spiral bound book of docs, I thought how cheap! But I found that I actually like the spiral bound booklet better - no chance of accidentally dropping and losing the cruise ticket when pulling out the air ticket.

Thanks hajekfam. I've already filled out all the online documentation, I even have my express pass printed. Ready to go. It was kind of ironic that the shore excursion came via UPS yesterday as I had just booked my final shore excursion yesterday morning. Monaco and Monte Carlo in the AM, then Nice & St.-Paul-de Vence after lunch (both ship's tours).

I thought shore excursions book 90 days before cruise and you are getting shore excursion book right before your cruise? I printed out the shore excursion section of the web site when I book a cruise, then we know what we may choose or read here on reviews of them. When we see a bad review, we cross it out.

Our Transcanal on November, we are totally stumped. Basically we want to snorkel without paying to do it, since we thought beaches are free like Hawaii.

So we are bringing our gear to carry off the ship with a cover up of suits & we will walk & jump in.......... don't need a hotel with chairs, bar, lunch. In the list of items for each port, the snorkel is a ship carrying folks to snorkel, what about right off the beach?

Yes, MACOP. I just received the booklet yesterday, with 68 days until I leave, so technically 71 days before sailing. Can't say about the others, but hajekfam is on the same transatlantic as I am.

I've been booking my shore excursions at about 1 port per month, to spread out the cost. I like paying ahead then it seems like a smaller bill at the end.

Archived