Should I bring my own Photographer?

Hey everyone! I am getting married on the Freedom of the Seas July 2016. I am just wondering, is it cheaper to bring your own photographer and pay for their cruise fare? Or is it cheaper to just buy the pictures from the cruise photographer? If I brought my own, they would take pictures the whole week. The cruise fare would be around $1,400. I read that the pictures are anywhere between $500-$4,000. Any advice would help!:)

Hey everyone! I am getting married on the Freedom of the Seas July 2016. I am just wondering, is it cheaper to bring your own photographer and pay for their cruise fare? Or is it cheaper to just buy the pictures from the cruise photographer? If I brought my own, they would take pictures the whole week. The cruise fare would be around $1,400. I read that the pictures are anywhere between $500-$4,000. Any advice would help!:)

I got married on Carnival, my review in in my signature. I spent $400 on pictures. There are several in my review. I don't know ho RC handles it but I know Carnival is more than happy to help guests get good shots but they are less than thrilled to find out you have brought a professional photographer. If they don't know they are pro it's usually ok.

I am a (now retired) pro photographer. I didn't shoot weddings. I went to a wedding on a ship. I took my pro gear (no tripod but if you know what you are doing there is no reason to use one except for lunar shots, etc.). The bride was very glad I took photos, because the ship photographer was terrible. As I said, I was not a wedding photographer but my photos came out much better.

You do not need to mention that you are bringing your own photographer. Say they are a friend and make sure they leave items like tripods and umbrellas at home and just bring a camera with a few lenses and the cruise line can't say anything.