Fun Shop Sushi Order - C.A.R.N.I.V.A.L

eponym

What's the word on ordering sushi for cabin delivery from the Carnival Fun Shop? We are thinking of the medium size one for sail away party, but really can't tell how you let them know when you want it in cabin when ordering up pre-cruise online.

Anybody have info/experience about this Carnival Fun shop sushi thing?

We did it on the Breeze in December. We were given sushi as a Bon Voyage gift from friends we were on the ship with and I had ordered a cheese platter for the cabin myself through the Fun Shops. I used to enjoy getting to our cabin and finding the food waiting for us. They do not do it like that anymore which makes things a bit fresher. If you order liquor or wine that should be in your cabin ready and waiting for your arrival.

When you get to your cabin you should find a card telling you what to do and the extension to call. Just make sure you give yourself and ship services time for delivery. It was requested that we call about 2 hours ahead of the time when we wanted delivery. When we called we asked for only the cheese platter to be delivered. About an hour and a half later there was a knock on the door and the cheese was delivered along with the sushi (which we didn't want right then) and we asked them to take it back. The person who brought the food was very nice but he said he couldn't take it back and that I would need to call about it. I did and requested that it be picked up and was told "fine" and even after 2 other calls, nobody came to get it and the sushi was wasted. We did have a discussion about this matter with guests services and they said that they would credit our friends S & S account or they would would arrange for us to receive another sushi platter. We asked them to please credit our friends account and they did! So thumbs up to Carnival.

So just give yourself time for delivery and don't expect it right after you make the call.

Hope that helps....

Enjoy!

We did it on the Breeze in December. We were given sushi as a Bon Voyage gift from friends we were on the ship with and I had ordered a cheese platter for the cabin myself through the Fun Shops. I used to enjoy getting to our cabin and finding the food waiting for us. They do not do it like that anymore which makes things a bit fresher. If you order liquor or wine that should be in your cabin ready and waiting for your arrival.

When you get to your cabin you should find a card telling you what to do and the extension to call. Just make sure you give yourself and ship services time for delivery. It was requested that we call about 2 hours ahead of the time when we wanted delivery. When we called we asked for only the cheese platter to be delivered. About an hour and a half later there was a knock on the door and the cheese was delivered along with the sushi (which we didn't want right then) and we asked them to take it back. The person who brought the food was very nice but he said he couldn't take it back and that I would need to call about it. I did and requested that it be picked up and was told "fine" and even after 2 other calls, nobody came to get it and the sushi was wasted. We did have a discussion about this matter with guests services and they said that they would credit our friends S & S account or they would would arrange for us to receive another sushi platter. We asked them to please credit our friends account and they did! So thumbs up to Carnival.

So just give yourself time for delivery and don't expect it right after you make the call.

Hope that helps....

Enjoy!

I am hoping to avoid any redo's or quibbling. IF they deliver it fresh within a 2 hour window from following instructions all would be well.

How did it taste? I would have never let it go to total waste! :)

The two bites we took of it were great but we had early dinner booked on the ship and all we wanted was to go back to the cabin (Cove Balcony - Loved It) and enjoy some wine with some cheese. Could not eat the sushi platter because of being so full. So for resolution we just had it refunded back to our friends account. No worries....

IMHO, you can't go wrong for an in-cabin treat. Just watch the time you want it delivered and make sure you are there to receive it when it arrives. I hope I didn't sound too smarty pants with that sentence but I have heard some stories....

Cheers!

We had this given to us as a gift and it was fantastic but like other languages have said make sure you pick the best time for delivery. It was a great treat! ImageUploadedByForums1427930798.587757.jpg.dd9f8d32046f9f366f946b918f9e8198.jpg

Here is a picture of the tray (we also got a dessert tray - way too much food but there were 8 of us!)

Enjoy!

ImageUploadedByForums1427930780.412597.jpg.e5b6e62202613176188fabf2260f4686.jpg

We had this given to us as a gift and it was fantastic but like other languages have said make sure you pick the best time for delivery. It was a great treat! [ATTACH]345072[/ATTACH][ATTACH]345073[/ATTACH]

Here is a picture of the tray (we also got a dessert tray - way too much food but there were 8 of us!)

Enjoy!

Thank you. That looks great! How nice as a gift!

This is great info. My parents have an aft wrap on our Alaskan cruise this summer, so we thought about ordering the fruit tray and dessert tray to have out on our balcony for sailaway.

So here's my question. They said to give a two-hour window. Did you have to sit in your cabin for two hours waiting? Or did they say it would take them an hour or so and you came back?

This is great info. My parents have an aft wrap on our Alaskan cruise this summer, so we thought about ordering the fruit tray and dessert tray to have out on our balcony for sailaway.

So here's my question. They said to give a two-hour window. Did you have to sit in your cabin for two hours waiting? Or did they say it would take them an hour or so and you came back?

Fruit and dessert trays are probably another thread. Actually, I don't know the answer to your ? But, when ordering a Sushi and canopy trays we will wait the 2 hours to ensure no issues and full enjoyment!

We had the smaller platter on our last cruise and as others have said just follow the instructions on the card. Ours arrived within' 15 minutes of our requested time and the taste was wonderful.

Thank you, I am convinced. We are looking at the medium. It seems like a value and great to have available!

Edited by eponym