Bathrooms in Athens,Istanbul and Kusadasi

I am going on the Grand Princess Oct 17th. I have booked my tours through Princess. My tours are: Acropolis & Plaka in Athens, St. Sophia,Topkapi Palace Museum, Blue Mosque, Hippodrome and Underground Cistern in Istanbul and Ephesus, St John Basilica and House of Virgin Mary in Kusadasi. My question is do these tours make bathroom breaks and are there bathrooms at any of these sites.

I was just on the same cruise August 18th. In Athens there were bathrooms at the entrance/exit to the Acropolis, and there are many cafe's in the Plaka where you can get a drink and use the bathroom. In Istanbul I think there are bathrooms at St. Sophia, though I'm not positive. I don't think there were any readily available at the Blue Mosque or the Hippodrome. I'm not sure at the other places you are visiting. I used the bathroom when we got to the Grand Bazaar. There are bathrooms at both Ephesus (end of tour, near exit) and some very nice and clean bathrooms at the House of the Virgin Mary. No bathrooms at the St. John Basilica.

Have a great time!

Hello SandyoftheSea -

We are on that cruise too! Sounds like you have done your research on the stops! I looked for a roll call for the Grand on Oct. 17th - I didn't find one, or maybe I didn't go back far enough.

Are you concerned about the weather in Late October at all? Rain?

Cindy

Well, travelling in a foreign place with food that your body's system is not used to, and you're going to have a not-so-normal routine in terms of "having to go." If you are taking a guided tour, your professional tourguide will advise you where the decent restrooms are. Talk to him/her sometime between boarding the bus and your first stop. They are used to such concerns.

Yogurt is a miracle food when it comes tp getting your body used to different foods. Yogurt has bacteria that are friendly to your system's digestive tract. While travelling see if you can have some yogurt at breakfast each morning and it will work wonders. About a cup each morning if possible. (I am even dairy intolerant, but I find yogurt very helpful.)

Greece is known for its "yogurt and honey" at alot of their refreshment kiosks. Try some.

Hi Cindy

I have looked on Roll call and found a thread for our cruise it was quite a while ago I looked again a couple of days ago and it didn't look like there were any new threads on it. I am comcerned about rain in October but my DH and I each purchased a pouchable rain coat from Lands End catalog they look like the will work well. We are also planning on wearing layers of clothes so we can dress appropriately for any weather from what I have read on this board the weather can be 70's-50's with sun or frequent rain. Less that five weeks to go!

sandyoftheseas

Archived