What would you do_Carnival Ecstasy

thinktink02

Hi Everyone!

So two of my girlfriends and I snagged round trip tickets for $118 to FLL :D and now we're booking a cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy on 9/7....so here is my question...

Would you book a cabin with a trundle bed or 1 upper?

Just so you guys know...the upper cabin is an OV and will only cost us an additional $17 per person...but both the inside and OV are the same size on this ship...and truly I'm not partial to the window...I won't miss it...but I'm nervous about space and the trundle bed...

Do they leave them out all day? Do they take up a lot of room?

Has anyone sailed in a cabin with a trundle....if so what was your experience.

Thanks and advance...I'm booking tonight...to take advantage of the %50 off deposits!

:cool:

Yes, I have sailed in a room with 3 women, one on a trundle. The person on the trundle was short, about 5 feet. The trundles aren't as long as a regular bed, so she fit in it fine. It's not for tall people though. The trundle was not very far off the ground, and she said it was very uncomfortable. She asked the cabin steward for another mattress to put over the one on it, and that helped a little, but still very uncomfortable. Based on her experience I would opt for the upper bunk since it's full length and comfortable. That's if one of you is agile enough to climb up and down.

Hi Everyone!

So two of my girlfriends and I snagged round trip tickets for $118 to FLL :D and now we're booking a cruise on the Carnival Ecstasy on 9/7....so here is my question...

Would you book a cabin with a trundle bed or 1 upper?

Just so you guys know...the upper cabin is an OV and will only cost us an additional $17 per person...but both the inside and OV are the same size on this ship...and truly I'm not partial to the window...I won't miss it...but I'm nervous about space and the trundle bed...

Do they leave them out all day? Do they take up a lot of room?

Has anyone sailed in a cabin with a trundle....if so what was your experience.

Thanks and advance...I'm booking tonight...to take advantage of the %50 off deposits!

:cool:

I would do the upper cabin, no question. We had a trundle and my 5 yr old daughter fit on it but I can't imagine an adult would be happy. It pretty much was a smaller mattress on the floor. I can't remember if it was stored under a bed or was removed during the day.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses...I booked the OV with the upper...I will be fine getting up there at night...I just hope I don't roll off after one to many margaritas...tee hee

just kidding!!

Happy Sailing!

Trundles do have an extender to make them regular length could also have requested a roll away.

Good choice. I find the uppers on Carnival to be very comfortable. I'll use a 6 pocket holder on the hook by the upper as my nightstand. Only go down for one reason.

Trundles do have an extender to make them regular length could also have requested a roll away.

Good choice. I find the uppers on Carnival to be very comfortable. I'll use a 6 pocket holder on the hook by the upper as my nightstand. Only go down for one reason.

Hi!

Thanks!!

The 6 pocket holder where did you get this from? Is it already on the bed? Also do they put them up in the am?

If I want to take a nap...do I just call room steward?

thanks again