sea brunch....green eggs

csunshine860

We did the Seuss at Sea brunch last year on the Breeze- it was cute and fun but I would not pay for it again. The food was essentially the same as the regular brunch menu, just had added sprinkles and food coloring and kitschy names. The meet and greet with the characters was fun. The green eggs and ham looked so unappetizing I couldn't bring myself to even try it!

• 2 months later...

Had a wonderful time! I registered once I boarded and there was a table set up by the pool area on the Carnival Ecstasy. It cost $5pp and our time was 9:00am.

They had the area decorated very nicely(Ice sculpture, statues, centerpieces, boards etc) and there were lots of picture opportunities. The characters came to each table and you could take pics with your camera and the ship's photographer was also taking pictures. I ordered a regular omelet, bacon and the colorful pancakes. My two boys ordered the green eggs and ham. Only my 9 year old was brave enough to try the eggs. There was also French toast with cereal all over it which looked fun. Along with the items on the special menu, you were able to get regular items: cereal, scrambled/fried eggs, bacon etc. There was fun kids music playing during the breakfast and the crew also did a little skit. They wore shirts with Thing 1, 2-33 etc. We also wore our Thing shirts and our pictures came out great.

I am so glad we did it. The parade/story time was also a lot of fun. It was a great experience.

We did it on the Sunshine in January with our 4 year-old granddaughter and had a great time.

I'd ordered a little Seuss dress for her off of Etsy, which she unwrapped in time for brunch. Grandpa and I wore Thing 1 and Thing 2 red t-shirts and blue wigs. The menu is done up in Seuss style and all the food is very colourful, as you'd expect. :-)

Some of the Cat in the Hat chararacters did a parade through the dining room and posed for pictures.

There is (for our seating at least) a bit of a rushed feel to it, and if I were to do it again, we'd definitely sit a bit longer and try a few more of the Seuss dishes.

Hi. I just discovered this tonight! So, you pay 5 dollars and you can try anything on the menu? Also, do they do it on an at see day?

You have to sign up once you're onboard. It's $5 per person, it's on a sea day and is basically the sea day brunch menu tweaked to make it Seuss like.

The steak and eggs were great. My lo got the cereal coated French toast, I'd heard it was real sweet so we had it made with corn flakes. It was fun and definitely worth trying once.

You have to sign up once you're onboard. It's $5 per person, it's on a sea day and is basically the sea day brunch menu tweaked to make it Seuss like.

The steak and eggs were great. My lo got the cereal coated French toast, I'd heard it was real sweet so we had it made with corn flakes. It was fun and definitely worth trying once.

Thanks! :)