Verizon rewards cards are back!

Mkehlb

I had the same issue today, FINALLY didn't see "sold out" so I hurried and grabbed 2.

Went to check out and had an issue with payment option. Then couldn't purchase.

They are a hot item, abd it's strange other gift cards don't come up as sold out. They must limit them.

I was looking at the fine print, says they can only be used for new cruise bookings and cannot be applied for shipboard credit, excursions or gratuities. Didn't someone on this thread say they used them for their onboard account? Has Verizon changed their policy?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Fechter99

Copy / paste from the Verizon rewards website :

Get ready for a good time on Carnival Cruise Lines! Carnival eGift Cards can be used for almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise,activities/shore excursions, and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun.

Edited by Frank12

Here is the Description/Conditions for the Gift Card:

Get ready for a good time on Carnival Cruise Lines! Carnival eGift Cards can be used for almost anything: towards the purchase of a Carnival cruise,activities/shore excursions, and redeemed onboard toward the Sail & Sign account for gifts, drinks, and fun.

Can be Purchased through AARP Rewards for Good.

That's for the Carnival cards, Royal Caribbean ones have a different policy on the verizon wireless rewards site as far as I can see, maybe there are different versions but what I see are the $100 travel certificates which right now allow me to add to my cart but say sold out once there. When and if you do get them, just want to make sure someone doesn't spend a lot of money on them before confirming whether they can be used how you intend to use them.

Copy / paste from the Verizon rewards website :

Went to check this morning early.. the Carnival Cards are not even showing up now... That is not a good sign...

Oops nevermind.. I just checked again and they are showing up again as sold out.. so there is still hope.

Edited by sailor_jimc

I just enrolled in the whole rewards program. I know it sounds like I'm trolling, I swear I'm not. Looks like I have 65,000 points. 5000 Points gets me a $500 carnival gift card? I have to be totally confused on this program.

OK so I checked out the AARP thing. Seems you don't even have to join AARP (I'm not 50 yet anyway :)). Its their rewards program. So we signed up and I checked it out for purchasing the gift cards.

it is the EXACT same engine as the verizon rewards. In fact, I'd be willing to bet that it links to the same inventory (like a universal rewards program that many companies can put their name on).

I just enrolled in the whole rewards program. I know it sounds like I'm trolling, I swear I'm not. Looks like I have 65,000 points. 5000 Points gets me a $500 carnival gift card? I have to be totally confused on this program.

Yes, you use 5000 points for a $500 gift card and you pay $450!

That's for the Carnival cards, Royal Caribbean ones have a different policy on the verizon wireless rewards site as far as I can see, maybe there are different versions but what I see are the $100 travel certificates which right now allow me to add to my cart but say sold out once there. When and if you do get them, just want to make sure someone doesn't spend a lot of money on them before confirming whether they can be used how you intend to use them.

You realize this is the Carnival board...right?:cool:

You realize this is the Carnival board...right?:cool:

Oops....[emoji15]. SMH. Now I remember why I stopped using tapatalk as it does not always make it easy to tell which board the posts are on. Sorry about that Frank.

Here is the Description/Conditions for the Gift Card:

Can be Purchased through AARP Rewards for Good.

Is the AARP discount the same as Verizon? (10% off)?

Oops....[emoji15]. SMH. Now I remember why I stopped using tapatalk as it does not always make it easy to tell which board the posts are on. Sorry about that Frank.

No problem. LOL. :)