I need your advice!

Ronnie

My wife and I are planning a cruise to Bermuda around Sept 18th but we are not sure which cruise line, Celebrity, Royal Caribean or Norwegian.

We have cruised several times before but never to Bermuda and so any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Bermuda is a beautiful country and a great cruise destination. The Empress of the Sea (RCI) was just totally renovated and many new features have been added. The cabins are small. I would eliminate NCL. Look at the itinerary of the 2 Celebrity ships and the Empress. You will get top notch service on a Celebrity ship which are sisters. Celebrity is my 1st. loved cruise line. Compare both and pick what offers you the best features and value. I would want to have 2 ports so you can experience both parts of the island easily.

Bon Voyage

Celebrity Millennium 2/22/04

Carnival Conquest 10/26/2003

Carnival Legend 4/11/2003

Carnival Pride 2/23/2002

Celebrity Galaxy 11/2001

Grand Princess 3/2001

Celebrity Millennium 9/9/2000

Sea Princess 2/22/1999

Vison of the Seas 10/28/1998

Rhapsody of the Seas 3/1998

Celebrity Century 3/1997

Celebrity Zenith 11/1996

Legend of the Seas 6/1995

Celebrity Horizon 4/1994

I think the 8 night sailing from Bayonne on the Empress would be my pick.

Forget NCL is right and depending on which Celebrity ship you choose.I would go for the Empress of the Seas.Just back about 2 weeks now and Bermuda is awesome.I would move there tomorrow if I could.

Going on a cruise to nowhere this weekend on the Voyager out of Bayonne and will let you know how it was.Alot easier than getting into NYC I'm sure.No tunnels icon_smile.gif Less traffic.

Just my thoughts

Carol

Thank you so much for replying!

I was considering Celebrity,but I will also check out RCI too... any tips on what not to miss in Bermuda?

Oh and about NCL did you have a bad experience with them and thats why you dont recommend them?

[This message was edited by Ronnie on 05-12-04 at 07:37 AM.]

While looking for some updates on Bermuda weather, I noticed your question about cruise lines to Bermuda. We had done 2 NCL trips years ago, then upgraded to Celebrity. The Celebrity cruises were lovely ----- until we decided to try Raddison.We did them last year and are doing the exact same thing out of N.Y. this year. Except for a very few cabins, all of the rooms are balconies. They are having some fantastic specials this Bermuda season. Before you assume that the price will be crazy, I assure you that it's not. EVERYTHING is included. You get a fridge that is restocked with whatever you are drinking, all wine with dinner or cocktails if you prefer, 2 bottles {full size} of the liquor of your choice, all tips and probably more stuff than I can remember.The great thing is docking in Hamilton. If you can get a starboard side cabin you will be overlooking the town. The basic cabin is 356 sq. ft. and the bathrooms are to die for. Oh.. all sodas, juices and bottled waters are includede also-- NO nickel and diming at all.I'm not sure if it is allowed to recommend a TA on these boards but we have been using the same one for twenty years and she always gets us the best. Just check the cruise line website and go to "specials". There were hardly any kids on our sailing or else they were so well behaved we didn't notice them. This ship would remind you a fine hotelin Palm Beach, that sort of style. We are hooked. I think the site is www.RSSC.com. Good luck.

Archived