Bringing wine onboard question

foodgirl

I read the rules about 2 750ml bottles per stateroom. My question is for my mother who is cruising solo and likes the small bottles of wine. She wants to bring a 4pack of those for her room. Any issues?? Is it the amount or the number of bottles. Can she bring 2 of those? I thought it would probably be ok but have never tried it. I wanted to ask since we are sailing Sunday on Silhouette. She doesn't have the beverage package being a last minute booking so important to her. Thanks.

I read the rules about 2 750ml bottles per stateroom. My question is for my mother who is cruising solo and likes the small bottles of wine. She wants to bring a 4pack of those for her room. Any issues?? Is it the amount or the number of bottles. Can she bring 2 of those? I thought it would probably be ok but have never tried it. I wanted to ask since we are sailing Sunday on Silhouette. She doesn't have the beverage package being a last minute booking so important to her. Thanks.

Foodgirl:

That SHOULD be absolutely fine, as each one of the small bottles is 187ml and that equals nearly one bottle (187 x 4 = 748ml). Technically, she should be able to bring two 4-packs on board at embarkation. If, by any chance, an overzealous security person should question this, your mom should hold her ground (firmly) as she is certainly within the wine allowance. :)

What is the size of a "small bottle"? To me, a small bottle is 750ml, of which 2 are allowed. You must be speaking of something smaller?

Sorry, answered by Julia...never seen a smaller bottle than 750 ml!

Edited by Barwick Cruiser

Think of those cute little bottles they serve on airlines... each one is approximately a glass and a half. They come in 4-packs at most grocery & drug stores and travel quite well. :)

Think of those cute little bottles they serve on airlines... each one is approximately a glass and a half. They come in 4-packs at most grocery & drug stores and travel quite well. :)

Gotcha, guess I just haven't seen many of those here. We can't buy liquor at grocery or drug stores....yup, I know, outdated and antique system lol.

Edited by Barwick Cruiser

Thanks for the replies. Yes she loves those little bottles like the airlines use. She finds them easier to travel with. I thought she could bring a couple 4 packs as the amount was the same as 2 larger bottles but have never tried it or seen it done. Counting down now. So ready to be on the ship!! :)

Thanks for the replies. Yes she loves those little bottles like the airlines use. She finds them easier to travel with. I thought she could bring a couple 4 packs as the amount was the same as 2 larger bottles but have never tried it or seen it done. Counting down now. So ready to be on the ship!! :)

It would be very helpful if you would give us an update when you return from your sailing as to your mom's success with this? I think it's a great idea! Happy sails!

It would be very helpful if you would give us an update when you return from your sailing as to your mom's success with this? I think it's a great idea! Happy sails!

Julia I will be glad to. I know inquiring minds want to know. :)

We take two of these 4 packs in carry ons. Once a security guard wanted to take them but the supervisor overruled. We have boarded with them in both Miami and Ft. Lauderdale.

Edited by Croooser

• 2 weeks later...

I will write a full review later this week but wanted to report that Mom was successful in bringing her small airline type bottles of wine. She brought 2 boxes woth 4 each so she was happy. We had a fabulous cruise and will include details later. Thanks.

I will write a full review later this week but wanted to report that Mom was successful in bringing her small airline type bottles of wine. She brought 2 boxes woth 4 each so she was happy. We had a fabulous cruise and will include details later. Thanks.

Thanks foodgirl for the info....definitely something I'll keep in mind for future cruises. It's got to be easier to chill one of those small bottles in the fridge than the larger 750ml bottles!

Looking forward to your review!

Cathy