Cape Canaveral hotels, stay and cruise

love2traveljen

Ugh. that is disappointing. thanks. i'm not sure what to do. my 5 yr old is probably ok w/ just a seatbelt since i know in FL they dont have to have a car seat in commercial vehicles. but for my 8 month old.....

That is incorrect. No car seat needed in a bus, but car seat needed in vans or taxis per state law. Five year old needs to be in booster.

Edited by ducklite

I cannot comment on car-seat issues but can offer this: 5 days a week thousands of passengers board the Radisson shuttles to/and from the Port with young ones of all ages from 0.1 month to 100 years old!

Surely, this issue must be handled fine? It is best to call the Radisson direct and ask/request their advice.

If you are getting in the big buses then no car seat needed. Keep in mind that there is inly seating for about 28 out of the 60+ passenger capacity.

so much conflicting info. the cocoa beach shuttle emailed me back and said that they "try to provide either a car seat or booster seat based on request. They do not have any infant seats however. And Since there is no law in Florida that states that commercial vehicles are required to have car seats we cannot guarantee the availability" ....???

so much conflicting info. the cocoa beach shuttle emailed me back and said that they "try to provide either a car seat or booster seat based on request. They do not have any infant seats however. And Since there is no law in Florida that states that commercial vehicles are required to have car seats we cannot guarantee the availability" ....???

They are wrong. Taxis and vans are commercial vehicles and are absolutely required by law to use car seats. Only vehicles classified as buses do not require them.

Even if a car seat/booster is provided, can it be trusted? There are so many types and recalls and defects and how good is it after many years of heavy use/neglect?

When traveling with infants I always feel much better when taking our own seats but yes, the extra luggage sure is a hassle...

Edited by SteerageJoe