Greece's Many Issues

JVNYC

I don't think there are any problems except for places like Lesbos that are very close to the Turkish border. The EU is now starting to send them back to Turkey with economic migrants being returned to their own countries and Syrians being distributed throughout the EU.

I'd not even have second thoughts about visiting Greece this summer.

Same here. We are planning to return to Greece again this fall. I do not see what all the fuss and worry is about. If you do the slightest amount of on line research about Greece you will not have any reservations about going.

Sometimes We truly wonder about the real motive for the fear mongerin get that we see/read about from time to time.

I am on a RT Venice cruise in May that goes to (among other ports) Corfu, Athens, Mykonos and Argostoli. I was in Athens, Crete, Santorini and another port in Oct 2014 and had a wonderful time. I can think of NO reason to avoid Greece right now! The people are wonderful, and yes times are tough for them, but to stay away only makes it worse. Please don't let fear run your life. Make smart decisions and continue to do what you want!

My wife and I did a Star Clippers sailing out of Athens/Piraeus in October, and had a wonderful time. The people were welcoming. The food was amazing (and cheap). My wife had a great time shopping in Athens... And the islands were beautiful.... would do it again in a heartbeat!:)

• 1 month later...

We just returned from our Cruise that left from Athens. We spent 2 days here and it was the best part of our trip. The people we met, shop keepers, taxi drivers, restaurant and bar keepers, all were so friendly it gave us a real love for this country. We will definitely be back.