Mustard question??

racnwdow

I realize that this might sound like of silly, but am curious what kind of mustard Princess ships have. RCI only has some kind of spicy mustard and I only like plain mustard, so I take a few packs with me for hot dogs at snack time. Since this is my first cruise on Princess, didn't know if I still needed to bring my own.

Princess has regular yellow mustard packs at the grill during the day. They also have bottled mustard (French's I think) at the buffet usually every morning until around noon. You can also order mustard, ketchup, mayo, from room service with a sandwich. If you order extra you can keep the little containers in the fridge for later use.

Personally I like mustard on egg sandwiches that I "build" at the buffet. A bacon/ham, egg, and cheese sandwich is nice change after after a few days of pigging out with the regular breakfast fare. :D

I thought that most people after passing puberty give up yellow mustard for the Dijon, honey, creole, etc! Either children are putting messages on this site or the great unwashed of the RED states have never allowed their taste buds to become more sophisticated. The ships probably provide Wonder Bread, grape jelly and peanut butter to protect you from being exposed to new and exciting foods.:eek:

I thought that most people after passing puberty give up yellow mustard for the Dijon, honey, creole, etc! Either children are putting messages on this site or the great unwashed of the RED states have never allowed their taste buds to become more sophisticated. The ships probably provide Wonder Bread, grape jelly and peanut butter to protect you from being exposed to new and exciting foods.:eek:

Wow that was a bit harsh... I am 35 and still love yellow mustard, along with the fancy ones. And I like peanut butter and jelly too on old fashion white bread. Just because someone asks about these things do not mean they are children. Josh lighten up.:cool:

I love to try new things, but a friend of mine that usually cruises with us, always, always, always, has french fries with his meal. The first night at dinner he tells the waiter that he wants french fries, and every night after that, he gets french fries automatically, no matter what he orders (which is usually beef). He's an ole southern boy who doesn't like change. My mother was the same way, she went on many cruises and never tried anything new and exciting. That's what makes us all individuals.

I guess I will have to admit it. I am a 44 year old stuck in a 12 year old's palate. I love wonder bread. My boy friend teases me constantly about my range of taste (or should I say "lack of range").

Not being American could you tell me what Wonder Bread is?:confused:

These are a few of my favorite things !

You guys from the other countries that don't get Mexico breads and pastries would love the brand name of a company in Mexico that is buying up some of our bread manufactures in the U.S. (But they aren't changing the names to their Mexico Brand.

It is BIMBO.

And no I am not kidding. The next time on a cruise to Mexico, go look in the prepackaged bread section.

Hilarious, m steve! :D Sorry many folks did not get your humor. Happens to me a lot, since I, too, realize we are doomed as a society. Witness: Seemingly normal people putting ketchup on steak! :eek: The horror, the horror. Like those who don't enjoy seafood, they should be contained in a separate area of the ship and served swill by rude waiters. (Duck and cover!)

And, for the UK folks: Wonder Bread is like chewable cotton, devoid of any taste and texture. It's only legitimate purpose is to serve as a digestible plate for pulled pork on top of a thick slab of onion. It's a known fact. Look it up if you don't believe me.

Yes, it was only as a child with an unrefined palate that I used to enjoy a heavy PB&J samwich on fresh Wonder Bread, with the grape jelly seeping through the bread, and a glass of ice cold real milk, an Oreo or 6...... well, I'll finish this later. For some reason I'm VERY hungry!.... ;)

You guys from the other countries that don't get Mexico breads and pastries would love the brand name of a company in Mexico that is buying up some of our bread manufactures in the U.S. (But they aren't changing the names to their Mexico Brand.

It is BIMBO.

And no I am not kidding. The next time on a cruise to Mexico, go look in the prepackaged bread section.

I see Bimbo trucks around these parts all the time and no...they're not being driven by blonds!:o

You got the message. The others seem really wound tight except for the Englishman asking about Wonder Bread. When I was a kid in 1st grade our class took a tour of the Wonder Bread factory in NYC and they gave each of us a mini loaf about the size of a hot dog roll. Now, 60 years later I think that my taste buds can use a little more spice, crust, texture and flavor.

Yellow mustard is great as an additive to cole slaw or as a coloring agent for certain dishes without spoiling the flavor. As far as catsup, I only use it to make horseradish cocktail sauce for shrimp. But I love to either spice up a discussion or many times shut it down as an old grouch who doesn't deserve a response. :eek:

You got the message. The others seem really wound tight except for the Englishman asking about Wonder Bread. When I was a kid in 1st grade our class took a tour of the Wonder Bread factory in NYC and they gave each of us a mini loaf about the size of a hot dog roll. Now, 60 years later I think that my taste buds can use a little more spice, crust, texture and flavor.

Yellow mustard is great as an additive to cole slaw or as a coloring agent for certain dishes without spoiling the flavor. As far as catsup, I only use it to make horseradish cocktail sauce for shrimp. But I love to either spice up a discussion or many times shut it down as an old grouch who doesn't deserve a response. :eek:

What only a loaf of bread, I'm originally from NE Ohio and when we went to Wonderbread they also gave us a wonderbread promo pencil. Do you believe I still have the pencil?

Archived