Can you book a cruise at the terminal?

tamora

Don't know about the terminal, doubt it though, but you can book it online the day before as I have met people on board that did.

Thanks for that, made the mistake of not booking an early saver at £549 in August which has now gone up to £999 :mad: Doubt it will go back down that low so was wondering if I could bag a bargain by just turning up

May do.

The pricing is a complete lottery if you ask me.

I agree with you there lol. Just wish I had acted faster, been looking at 2016 but think the prices will go down as soon as I book lol ......it's like choosing a supermarket checkout queue when it's busy ;)

Hi everyone I was wondering if you could book a last min cruise at the terminal or is the ship always fully booked?

There was a system years ago for doing that but I think that has all gone with all the security fears. They need to know well in advance who is travelling with them.

Thanks everyone. just thought if they had a few spare cabins they might want to sell them rather than leave them empty like standby at airports. I will call P&O nearer the date and see if they can help :D

They may do, but they will likely be the bottom end of the cabin spectrum.

All the upgrades will have taken place by then.

If you want a decent cabin then about 6 weeks before seems to be the best time, but the way P&O operate with their incentives changing on a monthly basis the price you pay is a complete lottery.

Also, in my experience, the price shown on the website prices pages is never actually available when you go to book (online or telephone). I seriously doubt this is an accident.

I am very much looking forward to my trip on Britannia, but this will be my last P&O cruise as I am unhappy with their underhand operating methods.

Edited by PurpleMoonlight

They may do, but they will likely be the bottom end of the cabin spectrum.

All the upgrades will have taken place by then.

If you want a decent cabin then about 6 weeks before seems to be the best time, but the way P&O operate with their incentives changing on a monthly basis the price you pay is a complete lottery.

Also, in my experience, the price shown on the website prices pages is never actually available when you go to book (online or telephone). I seriously doubt this is an accident.

I am very much looking forward to my trip on Britannia, but this will be my last P&O cruise as I am unhappy with their underhand operating methods.

Oh dear that doesn't sound good, I usually book with Royal Caribbean but their prices have gone up so very much lately with the new ships coming into Southampton and the gratuities are expensive too, that's why I have chosen P&O my last couple of cruises better value for the money. Sorry you are leaving us. Who are you thinking of booking with next?