Just off Liberty from SJ!

cruisexlife

On my last cruise out of San Juan with this itinerary (2 years ago), there was a large number of Puerto Rican families on board which was speculated to be due to resident discounts at port locations in an attempt to fill the ship to capacity. Did you happen to notice if this was the case on your cruise?

On my last cruise out of San Juan with this itinerary (2 years ago), there was a large number of Puerto Rican families on board which was speculated to be due to resident discounts at port locations in an attempt to fill the ship to capacity. Did you happen to notice if this was the case on your cruise?

Yes, there were large number of Puerto Ricans. Nice and polite people actually.

I think, St Kitts was missed for anything, but the weather. The weather was like any other day. Probably some bean counter have figured out that keeping everybody on board, buying drinks and gambling, improves the bottom line.

At 2 of the nights there was no entertainment program, just the usual bands playing.

Currently sitting in SJU waiting to board my flight in a few hours. I will be writing another photo review!! But in the meantime, until I board my flight and until I can get my pictures together, I'd like to open a thread for any questions you may have. Ask away, I'll answer to the best of my ability!

And Happy Easter!

Looking forward to your review and your take on this cruise.

Did you make the meet & greet? I went to the area a couple of times but saw no one there.:(

Just want to confirm if the Liberty and all of the islands were on the same time? If I recall correctly on our last cruise (on the Valor, same itinerary) we never changed times at all--ship and islands were all the same.

Also curious who the CD was for Liberty on this route. Someone else said that Filipe Couto switched from the Valor to Liberty but John Heald said our CD in September was going to be Brian Leavitt. I was curious if Hugo and Jodi were on the staff on Liberty? I don't know what their specific titles were, but I believe Hugo was the assistant CD and Jodi was usually with him. They were on the Valor but I wondered if they would switch ships if Felipe did.

So excited for this review! We'll be sailing Liberty on 4/19! If you could post menus that would be fantastic! Did you try steakhouse? Did you use FTTF with this sailing, if so how was your experience? Thank you!

-Yes I'll post menus

-No I did not try the steakhouse

-No I did not use FTTF, and I always do, and I'll explain why in my review

We were on Liberty last summer. Great time and one of our favorite ships!

Was Cory Rogers still the CD? We really enjoyed him on our Liberty cruise.

Nope, it was Felipe, the one from the Valor. I think because he spoke spanish very well. He has been doing the same run for 4 years, between the Victory, Valor, and Liberty.

Am I correct in reading this as formal nights being on the Wednesday (Barbados day) and Saturday (Saint Maarten day)...because you use the word 'after'?

No, I meant after your day in the selected port. So your formal nights are Tuesday and Friday. Sorry about that.

Looking forward to your review and your take on this cruise.

Did you make the meet & greet? I went to the area a couple of times but saw no one there.:(

I guess I never read into the roll call enough, I never knew about it. Dang. Next time.

I'm really curious to hear about your experience, disembarking in Barbados, and it seems like you've done the Wednesday-Wednesday cruise from there too. I enjoyed Barbados and I'd love to do a cruise from there. Typically, how many people board the ship in Barbados?

Just want to confirm if the Liberty and all of the islands were on the same time? If I recall correctly on our last cruise (on the Valor, same itinerary) we never changed times at all--ship and islands were all the same.

Also curious who the CD was for Liberty on this route. Someone else said that Filipe Couto switched from the Valor to Liberty but John Heald said our CD in September was going to be Brian Leavitt. I was curious if Hugo and Jodi were on the staff on Liberty? I don't know what their specific titles were, but I believe Hugo was the assistant CD and Jodi was usually with him. They were on the Valor but I wondered if they would switch ships if Felipe did.

Yes, all of the islands are on Puerto Rico time, so ship-time is island-time. Puerto Rico didn't switch it's clocks for daylight savings, so if you live in EST, it's the same time, no awkward "it's midnight but It feels like 11" or "it's midnight but it feels like 1". I kept the same time my entire trip.

Yes the cruise director was Felipe. And no, I don't recall hearing those names onboard. I do remember the assistant cruise director was from South Carolina, never got his name.

Yes. I'll get more into that in the review. But yes it's surely noticeable.

Did you see any authentic craft markets in any of the ports. We try to purchase something hand made in each port by a local artist.

Yes, in every one! You may have to go into Charlotte Amalie in Saint Thomas, and you'll have to go to a beach / downtown in Barbados, but other than that, you'll find many locals!

Were the American Table and American Feast menus on this cruise? Did you like them? I am going May 3rd.

Yes, and no I don't really care for them. I miss my chilled soups! But other than that the menu is fine, especially if you've had it before. If you haven't, get used to a bottle of wine at your table, as well as a bread box, and steakhouse selections available for purchase in the MDR.

Yes, there were large number of Puerto Ricans. Nice and polite people actually.

On behalf of the puertorrican families who often cruise out of San Juan, thank you for saying we are nice and polite people. :)