Mexican Riviera... tell me about your excursions with young children

maritaysa

This will be our first time cruising with our youngest (1 yr old), together with our oldest (4 yr old). I'd love to hear about other family's experiences on excursions to the Mexican Riviera with 2 young children. We will be on the Carnival Miracle at the end of May. Any tips are greatly appreciated. Also, how to deal with the heat and humidity. I'm assuming that the end of May will be hot. Thanks!

Ummm, you're from Bakersfield. You'll be fine with the heat.

We didn't do many planned excursions when our kids were that age. In Cabo we did a beach day, walked around and took a quick water taxi to Los Arcos. We once did the Salsa Salsa which was fun and our child slept in the stroller the whole time.

In PV we also did beach days and shopping. The last time we went we got a day pass to the AI that is directly next to where the ship docks. They have a children's waterpark, daycare and playground. Don't recall the name at the moment but it is literally a stones throw from where the ship docks.

I did this cruise a number of time with my twin toddlers from 13 months - 3 years old. In Cabo you can take a boat tour directly from the port, just walk around the port area or take a water taxi to a beach restaurant on the other side where you can buy lunch and enjoy the beach. I made my little ones wear life jackets (that we brought) before we left the ship - too many chances to tumble into the water in Cabo.

In Puerto Vallarta I second the idea of walking to a resort. Even if you have to pay an entrance (the last time we went to the Krystal, we paid an entry fee that was applied to our food/drink bill, so the kids had taquitos and mom had a margarita). I bring small bills to tip the worker for a nice palapa on the beach or umbrella by the pool.

Mazatlan was always more of a challenge if I didn't bring car seats. Since I drove to the port we usually brought old backpacks or diaper bags full of baby/kid items we no longer needed to give to moms we ran across. The ports of call board probably has some good ideas of what to do with little ones that you can walk to without car seats, or if you are bringing car seats, you can take a cab to one of the resorts.

Best,

Mia