Carnival gift card at Kroger

aubreyc1988

FYI, Kroger has a deal that ends today 4x fuel points on gift cards, so you can buy a Carnival gift card in Kroger stores and get 4x fuel points. I bought a 150.00 gift card which I'm going to load onto my account for an upcoming cruise and got .60 cents off per gallon. Plus I charged it to my CC and got double points on the150.00 gift card. So not a bad deal and just thought I'd post a quick post about it in case anyone wants to run to your Kroger before the end of today :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ran to Kroger today as well and bought $200.00 worth of gift cards. 80 cents off a gallon of gas plus the charge will hit this month and already be paid by the time we sail next month.

Edited by p0mpey

This seems like a pretty good deal. I think you can use the gas discount on up to 35 gallons of fuel. So if you buy a $100 card, you get $0.40 off per gallon. That works out to a $14 savings on fuel if you have a big truck or perhaps three cars you can fill up at once. If you only fill one car that has a 12-14 gallon tank, your savings drop pretty fast.

Compare this to most other direct discount gift cards like Verizon Rewards or other credit card programs where you can get 10% off the gift cards. So on a $100 gift card you only save $10.

For the Kroger deal to beat the discounted Carnival gift cards you need to pump at least 25 gallons of fuel.

This seems like a pretty good deal. I think you can use the gas discount on up to 35 gallons of fuel. So if you buy a $100 card, you get $0.40 off per gallon. That works out to a $14 savings on fuel if you have a big truck or perhaps three cars you can fill up at once. If you only fill one car that has a 12-14 gallon tank, your savings drop pretty fast.

Compare this to most other direct discount gift cards like Verizon Rewards or other credit card programs where you can get 10% off the gift cards. So on a $100 gift card you only save $10.

For the Kroger deal to beat the discounted Carnival gift cards you need to pump at least 25 gallons of fuel.

Sometimes Verizon and other credit card awards are not available for a while to get so this is a good alternative. Also the 4x fuel deals come and go often so it's a good time to stock up on any kind of gift cards one might need

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought $900 in gift cards to pay for the cruise. 3600 points....3 fill ups of $1.00 off and 1 fill up of .60 off. Will save $115+ dollars in gas :)

How do you apply them to the cruise? looking to load mine onto my onboard account since I am after final payment and cannot figure out how

The only thing I can think of to top that would be to use an American Express Blue Cash Preferred card for 6% back on Grocery Store Purchases.

Thanks for sharing about that card. I might have to look into that one. I'm always looking for a great rewards credit card.

How do you apply them to the cruise? looking to load mine onto my onboard account since I am after final payment and cannot figure out how

I take mine on board the ship and go to the guest services desk. They will add them to your Sign & Sail account.

I did the same thing last month, purchased 300.00 on the gift card and got 1200 gas points .... it's a great thing to do.. so got my April cruise paid off, now to start on my Sept cruise.... and I'm also going to take one on board with me to put against my S&S card, love it when things work out in my favor :)

Edited by Green Boy

Do you just need the card? or all the receipts and stuff?

Just the cards. But you may want to confirm the balance online before leaving home to be safe. I think you can also use them to pay for items in advance, like excursions, FTTF and beverage packages purchased online?

Edited by dioxide45

Just the cards. But you may want to confirm the balance online before leaving home to be safe. I think you can also use them to pay for items in advance, like excursions, FTTF and beverage packages purchased online?

best way to confirm the balance?

no Kroger in this area, any other stores you know of? I was thinking of visa gift cards for the children to use for their s and s accounts.

"Kroger, Giant Eagle, Hyvee, Price Chopper, Safeway, Meijer, Albertsons, Lowes, Winn Dixie and Office Max. Publix will join the list of retail locations in the 1st quarter of 2015"