Purchasing Gourmet Fare & Treats online

smartinm

I know there is already a lot of talk about the new room service fees and there are so many pages that I am not sure if this has been asked/answered. I am not looking to debate the charges.

I am wondering if I purchase the Cheese platter online if I will be charged the gratuity and the room service fee on board? It says on the bottom "An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added at checkout" but I got to the payment part of my cart and it isn't adding them. I don't want to pay for any charges on board, so I was hoping it would all be included online. It seems also weird in the instance someone purchases a gift for you, are you then expected to pay for the gratuity and delivery yourself? :S

I think you may have just found the loophole!!! I booked all our specialty restaurants and paid in advance using gift cards. I paid face value. No gratuity charge. [emoji14][emoji14][emoji14]. We sail in a week, I can verify afterwards, but I think we stumbled on something interesting. LOL

I know there is already a lot of talk about the new room service fees and there are so many pages that I am not sure if this has been asked/answered. I am not looking to debate the charges.

I am wondering if I purchase the Cheese platter online if I will be charged the gratuity and the room service fee on board? It says on the bottom "An 18% gratuity and specialty service charge will be added at checkout" but I got to the payment part of my cart and it isn't adding them. I don't want to pay for any charges on board, so I was hoping it would all be included online. It seems also weird in the instance someone purchases a gift for you, are you then expected to pay for the gratuity and delivery yourself? :S

That is not ordered from the room service menu so the room service fees wouldn't apply. Online charges are only applied online. It can only be ordered online before the cruise, not ordered during the cruise for delivery during the cruise.

Edited by NMLady

That is not ordered from the room service menu so the room service fees wouldn't apply. Online charges are only applied online. It can only be ordered online before the cruise, not ordered during the cruise for delivery during the cruise.

I tried to add this information to my post but twenty minutes had passed so couldn't edit. ---

I ordered it for my husband and me for next week during our cruise. Nothing was added to the price for the total charged to my card and the confirmation states that "total checkout price shown above is inclusive of all applicable taxes and fees."

So that means nothing should be charged to your onboard account since their supposed gratuity is a fee. Besides, it says will be added at checkout so definitely should not be added later.

If $5.76 is is charged to shipboard account for the 18% I would take my printed copy of that confirmation to front desk and dispute the charge since it was not from room service menu and the confirmation says that the total checkout price includes all fees. It was not added at checkout as site says so shouldn't be added later.

Edited by NMLady

Thank you both for your replies!!

I thought so too, but I was confused since it said in the bottom of the page they would add the gratuity (which they didn't) and I know the cheese platter is part of the room service menu-- at least I thought I saw it, with the options of being for 2 or 4 people (but I see your point that I am not ordering from it technically).

Let me know when you come back if they tried to add anything on top, but I agree with you that they should not on board if they didn't online

The cheese platter from gifts is $32 for 4 people compare to free with room service fee plus 18% auto tip- you have to decide if that worth it or not, whatever comes out cost-effective / cheap for you and family.

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

Edited by maywell

It's not free on room service though, it's the same price, you just get the option of having it for 2 or 4 people (at least that's what I see on the room service menu).

Oh, just looked again and see you mean the "cheese and crackers"...do you know if they give you the same type of cheese? I like the kinds on the platter

It could have been included in the actual cost, like it is with the UDP. It says sit will be added at check out, but it seems to be included in the cost. Edited by NLH Arizona