NCL Newbie -Med, drinks which package

heatherbelle

Previous CCL cruiser and I just want to ask a few questions from experienced NCL folk.

On CCL if you cruise in Europe you are allowed to take your own alcohol onboard. Is this the same with NCL, my mum likes a glass of wine I am tea total mostly?

I was going to opt for the tips package when I book rather than the drinks package.

If we pay for her to have a drinks package, is it a requirement that I too have to have one, even though I don't drink? It is on CCL.

If booking through the US, I can claim any price drop prior to final payment just like with CCL or have a refund if plans need to change, is this correct?

Many thanks.

if you are booked through us yes you are entitled to all of this.Ncl allowes you to bring as many bottles of wine you want.NO LIQUOR THOUGH.You can bring coca cola products and water as well.If you bring wine you have to pay a corkage fee for each bottle you bring..i think its 25usd per bottle or 15usd i dont remember..you can check it out on ncl.com

Previous CCL cruiser and I just want to ask a few questions from experienced NCL folk.

On CCL if you cruise in Europe you are allowed to take your own alcohol onboard. Is this the same with NCL, my mum likes a glass of wine I am tea total mostly?

You can bring as much wine as you like but will have to pay $15 per bottle to do so.

I was going to opt for the tips package when I book rather than the drinks package.

If we pay for her to have a drinks package, is it a requirement that I too have to have one, even though I don't drink? It is on CCL.

Yes

If booking through the US, I can claim any price drop prior to final payment just like with CCL or have a refund if plans need to change, is this correct?

Yes, if you book through the US you will get US terms and conditions

Many thanks.

It seems the tips package might be best for you both and that your Mom could use what she saves by not paying the tips towards her wine each day.

Thanks everyone. My mum will pay as she goes, it's a 10 day cruise. I will fill her up on alcohol before we head back to the ship on port days.:D

On CCL in the Med you can bring wine back and there is no charge at all. They don't bat an eyelid.