ULtimate Dining Plan purchased before price was raised

LuvTheSea14

We purchased UDP for 21 people for family cruise before the price was raised to include the new gratuity. Will we be charged the extra money?

As of right now, no. That said NCL is adding new fees and charges every week, so there is no telling what is coming down the pipe....

6&8

For the cheerleaders... this right here is precisely why NCL's piss-poor communication sucks. You've got a whole bunch of passengers who simply do not know what tf is going on. NCL doesn't owe pax any explanations when they make changes? Uh, yeah, they do...

We purchased UDP for 21 people for family cruise before the price was raised to include the new gratuity. Will we be charged the extra money?

Same story with us. We just got off the POA and we weren't charged a cent of gratuity last week. 18% of nothing (with the UDP) is still nothing.

-jarrod

For the cheerleaders... this right here is precisely why NCL's piss-poor communication sucks. You've got a whole bunch of passengers who simply do not know what tf is going on. NCL doesn't owe pax any explanations when they make changes? Uh, yeah, they do...

And for the jeerleaders, this is just another post to add to the 10-12 already running about how upset you are. A simple yes or no was the answer to the OP's question. Instead it's, right now, but who knows whats coming next. You can say the same thing about any question. Is this loaf of bread a dollar? Yes, but who knows by the time you reach the cash register. Come on, are we really going to make every question now a tirade about how unfair NCL is? Can we not just answer the question?

And for the jeerleaders, this is just another post to add to the 10-12 already running about how upset you are. A simple yes or no was the answer to the OP's question. Instead it's, right now, but who knows whats coming next. You can say the same thing about any question. Is this loaf of bread a dollar? Yes, but who knows by the time you reach the cash register. Come on, are we really going to make every question now a tirade about how unfair NCL is? Can we not just answer the question?

So is your one word answer yes or no?

are we really going to make every question now a tirade about how unfair NCL is? Can we not just answer the question?

The question was answered - in post #2. You'll notice that the answer is uncertain because, truthfully, we can't trust that NCL won't magically change the policy before OP gets on the ship. Not all -- but many questions now must be answered with this caveat in mind!

Nobody said NCL was unfair. I said they're lousy communicators.

At this point I think it's fair to include the caveat. When a company jacks the price on an amenity that's been free for forever, without any notice, this is information that folks answering questions about NCL policies would be negligent not to include. NCL takes a deserved hit to its reputation with its apparently legal but ethically challenged price hikes without notice or grandfathering.

When I called NCL, when this charge was implemented, they said no. But, if I were you, I would call NCL and ask the questions, just to put your mind t ease.

So it sounds like the ultimate dining plan has increased in price. Did NCL also increase the price per specialty restaurant or does this just reflect their new 18% gratuity?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

I haven't see where any of the restaurant's prices have gone up, just the 18 percent gratuity, which I reflected in the new price of the UDP.

So it sounds like the ultimate dining plan has increased in price. Did NCL also increase the price per specialty restaurant or does this just reflect their new 18% gratuity?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Forums mobile app

The UDP itself did not increase in price, but they have added an 18% gratuity to the package price. They are now calling it "an 18% gratuity and specialty service charge".

If the price for a 7 day cruise is $119 per person, 18% will be added to the $119 at the time of purchase. Those who go to a specialty on board without a package will pay the usual cover fee plus 18%.

If someone purchased a package before the 18% was implemented, it appears they will not have the 18% added on board. Same appears to be true for those who got the packages "free" as part of a sales promotion.

But NCL apparently has a hard time figuring out what their policies actually are and communicating them clearly. So, don't be surprised at what your actual experience may be, as current cruisers were to see an 18% gratuity tacked onto the Convenience Charge for room service items listed as complimentary while their own policy states: "An 18% gratuity and beverage service charge will be applied to your check for NON-COMPLIMENTRY BEVERAGE OR SPECIAL OCCASSION ITEMS."

No. Because the very same people who dove right in and scooped up the amazing deals during KSF and all the freebies , those who are cruising in the Haven for the price of a balcony, and those who always remove the DSC because they know how to tip better than the rest of us......and those who snark at new cruise critic members ( oh look- your first post and it is NEGATIVE????? troll!!!!!!) and mock neophytes and pissed off passengers who didn't know about the cancellation fees or insurance .....they just can't let it go. Yes yes yes. You don't like not being informed ahead of time. But unless you were on a cruise last week- you HAVE been informed.

Go to NCL.com

Cheese Louise.

I

No. Because the very same people who dove right in and scooped up the amazing deals during KSF and all the freebies , those who are cruising in the Haven for the price of a balcony, and those who always remove the DSC because they know how to tip better than the rest of us......and those who snark at new cruise critic members ( oh look- your first post and it is NEGATIVE????? troll!!!!!!) and mock neophytes and pissed off passengers who didn't know about the cancellation fees or insurance .....they just can't let it go. Yes yes yes. You don't like not being informed ahead of time. But unless you were on a cruise last week- you HAVE been informed.

Go to NCL.com

Huh?

Forget to take your pills this morning?