Promo from Princess on exotics

calikak

I'm not sure if this is a targeted mailing or not, but we just got two mailings from Princess with special pricing on balcony cabins. One is for exotic cruises (including Asia and Tahiti) on Tahitian Princess and Pacific Princess, and the other is for Europe, and both cover 2006 cruises. I think it's for Captain's Circle members, because it's got our member number on it, but thought I'd share it here in case it's available to folks who didn't get the mailing. There's also an offer for half off of the Princess insurance and some sort of bonus package with a free 6X8 photo and reduced deposit amount. In addition, there's a $50 per person onboard credit if you book a cruisetour. In both brochures, it says in the fine print that your TA should mention promo code PA1 for cruises and PT1 for cruisetours. Just thought I'd share this here, in case it's not a targeted promo and others can benefit from it. It's going to move us from a BC to a BB or BA on our Tahitian cruise, so that's a plus for us!

KD, you might want to just talk with your TA and see if it affects your pricing. It's the same promo codes in both brochures, PA1 for cruises, PT1 for cruisetours. On our sailing on the Tahitian, it helped us because we'd booked a balcony, but it didn't look like any of the other categories' pricing had been affected.

I think maybe we got these offers because I recently set my profiles on the Princess website to say that we're considering all the regions for our next cruise. Since then, I've seen a few more mailings from Princess than I used to. So, others might want to make sure that they've got all the boxes checked for the places they're hoping to see special offers on. Not that the Princess website always works properly, so maybe you still won't get anything useful from them!

I would absolutely love to do the one from Bangkok to Capetown...that's on my "someday" list. Since I'm still pretty young, that list is pretty long! :D Toto, you could always do Tahiti to Hawaii again...there's still plenty of minis left on our sailing, although the BA cabins are disappearing rapidly as the rest of us upgrade from our BCs! We just got one of the aft ones, which I know people don't like as much on this ship as on other ships, but I wanted to try out a cabin where we can hear the wake. :)

We got another promo thing in the mail yesterday, this time for Alaska. It looks like it's another all-minisuites-the-same-price offer, plus free upgrades within the cabin type you book (i.e., BC to BB). And, it says there's a free 6X8 photo onboard (limit two per stateroom) and free "music of Denali" dinner show for cruisetour passengers. Promotion code is PA1/WA1 (cruise) or PT1/WT1 (cruisetour). Oh, and this one expires November 30, instead of October 31 like the earlier promos. Again, not sure if this is a targeted promo or not, but thought I'd share it just in case it helps someone out.

Hi Donna--I'm reading the fine print and it looks like only the May sailings have the "free upgrade within the same cabin type" offer, but all sailings through the season have the "all minisuites the same price" offer. Have you checked all the boxes on your Captain's Circle profile for all the different regions you might travel to next? I went through and checked all the boxes recently, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with me getting all these things in the mail this month. Of course, usually the info you put in that system has no effect on anything, but I figured it couldn't hurt to update it.

Hi Donna--I'm reading the fine print and it looks like only the May sailings have the "free upgrade within the same cabin type" offer, but all sailings through the season have the "all minisuites the same price" offer. Have you checked all the boxes on your Captain's Circle profile for all the different regions you might travel to next? I went through and checked all the boxes recently, and I'm wondering if that has anything to do with me getting all these things in the mail this month. Of course, usually the info you put in that system has no effect on anything, but I figured it couldn't hurt to update it.

I have checked them all, so has my husband, we have separate e-mails. We have future cruise credits, I have called princess, don't know what else to do. It's too bad it didn't come in an e-mail so you could just forward it.

:rolleyes: Maybe you could make a copy and put it in our wall mail on the 25th :D We have got to think of a neat term for our mail " like survivor's tree mail".

Donna, that's a good idea, since we're going to be seing each other in just over a week! I'll see if I can make a copy for you, our copier does just OK on making copies from documents in color. The Alaska brochure doesn't have as much pricing info as the other brochures (which unfortunately I've already chucked) but it does have pricing for a few sailings.

What about calling it "sail mail"? Or is that too cutesy? :D

Donna, that's a good idea, since we're going to be seing each other in just over a week! I'll see if I can make a copy for you, our copier does just OK on making copies from documents in color. The Alaska brochure doesn't have as much pricing info as the other brochures (which unfortunately I've already chucked) but it does have pricing for a few sailings.

What about calling it "sail mail"? Or is that too cutesy? :D

"Sail Mail" sounds good to me.

• 1 year later...

Also, if your travel agent calls and books using the PA1 or PT1 code, your costs for the Princess travel insurance will be reduced by 50%. This can be a substantial amount of money for some cruises at some age groups.

Our agent called in with the codes after our initial booking, and we were able to get the 50% reduction in travel insurance costs.

Ivan

Archived