Trip Insurance

bigdawgs

If you have a Chase Sapphire preferred card and book through it, it covers you for up to $10,000 pp for cancelled trip. Also covers air, hotel, etc. No medical though

you should read the trip insurance forum on cruise critic. There are some significant differences in travel policies. Don't take anyone's word who says "this is the right policy for you"...everyone's needs and situations are different.

you might try squaremouth.com or insuremytrip.com to look at some options.

Celebrity's travel insurance policy is probably the wrong choice for most.....

Celebrity's travel insurance policy is probably the wrong choice for most.....

It sure is a complex topic. Just an added note for "pet parents": I researched the threads and spoke with insuremytrip.com. But I actually ended up going w/Celebrity because "its cancel for any reason" provision was much more affordable than other policies.

My DH would never depart on a cruise if his "kids" were injured, hurt or sick and our pets are getting up there in years. Celebrity doesn't refund $, but does offer 75% trip credit towards another cruise. Better than losing the whole thing.

Of course, I can't speak to its lower limits for med transport, airlifting, etc compared to all the more robust policies that may be far better. But for those absolutely certain they wouldn't think of leaving in the midst of a pet emergency; are not retired yet and whose med insurance may cover them outside the U.S., Celebrity might be an option to consider if just doing 1 or two ports fairly close by - Bahamas, Mexico, etc.

Just another perspective...